SAW: The Ride

Mark9

Lets remeber that most people only visit Thorpe once a year/ a few times a year , and then there are people such as me who visit every week :P My point is most people who visit once a year proberly tend to visit in holiday times which is why they are so busy compared to weekends.-

Lets remeber that most people only visit Thorpe once a year/ a few times a year , and then there are people such as me who visit every week every DAY* :P My point is most people who visit once a year proberly tend to visit in holiday times which is why they are so busy compared to weekends.-

How has SAW: The Ride's reliability been lately.I know the website says "All rides are currently available" but has it been having technical problems during the day or it is fit and healthy?! :P

Well Saw been really good lately, lots of rides have the odd brakedown (Slammer and exception :P ) And you must go on Saw it soooo good :P

Saw is amazing XD I don't know why but everytime I go on it I get caught off guard by that first drop, I've seen construction and it looks tiny but it's so forceful, more so than the 'main' drop in my opinion~I don't know the right terminology but what is it that makes your stomach drop on some drops, like Detonator and sometimes the first Colossus drop. I don't get it at all on the 'main' drop but that little drop gets me XD

I tried closing my eyes before drop but it didn't really come as surprise, it just a whole big thrill :P Only thing is I get a migrain when ever go on because it's quite bumpy, but then again, found a perfect place to hold head now. And to add to Josh's post, I agree, when I went on extremis at London Dungeons because it was so much smaller then detonator really was more forceful :P

It's not about size. In regard to the Dungeon drop, it's a sharp drop for a second, but add music and DARKNESS, you're onto a winner.Saw's 'dark drop' is just vertical, giving it the edge. If the main drop was just vertical as Oblivion (and anyone who's been on Oblivion will tell you how fantastic that drop is!), it would be a different drop altogether. Oblivion makes Saw's main drop feel like an S&S Frog Hopper.IMO the Euro Figher was born from Oblivion, I imagine the company wanted to rival B&M'S expensive new vertical drop coaster, with a steeper drop and (at the time) more thrill elements, they hoped smaller parks who couldn't (or wouldn't) want to pay for the classy B&M title that brings reliability, comfort and ease of use for everyone not just the guests, would roll up for a Euro Fighter.Besides the exterior theming (all good) Saw's ride experience is VERY over rated and a jolty 'fun-fair' coaster. However, not a rant; I'm glad they went a bit further with it's theming rather than give us Rage.

I have noticed it - you're drier. :PAlso, is it worth the lift hill chain stopping and starting? I know it has to stop to allow the car to move forward so the chain can lock onto it. The next time you watch a train go over the top, watch how quickly the cog at the top stops before the car goes down - it's literally a second, if that! Best viewed from the queueline.