SAW: The Ride

Mark9

No in april the fastrack queues were small 5-20 mins (I went in fastrack enough times !! ultimate) so I would expect something like 15-30 mins fastrack for fright nights

Well paying a stupid amount of money and still having to queue 5-20 minutes kinda takes the fastness away from it.

No in april the fastrack queues were small 5-20 mins (I went in fastrack enough times !! ultimate) so I would expect something like 15-30 mins fastrack for fright nights

The Fastrack queue for Stealth last year at Fright Nights was coming out of the Fastrack entrance.

I went to the John Lewis event last night which had all the fright night theming, mazes and such and it was amazing - there were something like 3000 people there, and most queues were walk on, longest I was in was 20 mins for SAW. The only dissapointing thing though was 'SAW - The Ride comes alive', it was hardly worth advertising as a whole new FN attraction, it was basically actors dressed up as these pig things (probably something from the SAW movies, but I wouldnt know, I havent seen them ) that walked up and down the Fasttrack queue staring at you through the chainlink fence :/ I havent been on SAW previous to this, but there didnt seem to be anything that wouldnt have been there before, nothing extra special about the ride from what I could see. Perhaps it'll be different today, but from what I experienced, it wasnt much Great ride though The Inferno tunnel was looking amazing, blue lights and plenty of fog, much better than I've seen before! The only maze I went in was the Asylum, with a slight layout change since last year but still has the scary atmosphere. I dont know how it compares to the other mazes though.In a way, I sort of felt sorry for a lot of the staff in the mazes last night - especially the one on Neptunes Beach (sorry, dont know the name!), there wasnt anyone in the queue most of the time. Same applies for most of the smaller rides like Flying Fish etc., personally, I'd have gotten pretty bored operating rides like that last night, most people were heading for the larger stuff. I think it's actually possible to have too few people at the park, I had done most of the rides in only 4 hours. I'd rather queue for 15 or 20 minutes or so to get on a rollercoaster than get on straight away, you lose the suspense and anticipation otherwise. I'm not complaining though, getting on straight away is still better than waiting over an hour I guess Overall, great night. On par, if not better than last year.

This is taken from the Fright Night's thread. I think the SAW sounds quite boring, hope they'll do more on it, especially for half term.

Well I was also at the John Lewis event and I thought what they had on SAW worked well actually. Two girls had to have a member of staff with them as they went through the queueline as they were so scared by the actors! Then they turned around and didn't even go on!Also the ride was walk-on, so there's only so much they can do when there's an empty queueline :PPlus the John Lewis event wasn't specifically a preview of Fright Nights (unlike the Merlin staff preview/social/whatever it was lol), but seeing as most of the theming, mazes etc were in place, we had the opportunity to experience them. I thought the pig-masked actors were very creepy, especially when they follow you while you walk and breathe down your neck!They don't like their pictures being taken though!Posted ImagePosted ImageThere's always Monks Walk to go down at night if Fright Nights doesn't scare you enough! :P

Generally a good night, the smoke coming from under the car is brilliant! It just wafts around the plaza and across the lake. The flames on top of the shop and behind the SAW - the ride sign, a slight let down they go on for about 2/3 seconds and then go off for like 10 minutes, however a brilliant effect with the smoke!! The actors though a bit boring, still had a good effect on the queue line, the people in the masks strolled what was the single rider queue and stared at guests, even if the ride was walk-on most of the day they still held up unsuspecting victims!Generally SAW- the ride was magnificent!Make sure you go on it!

Generally a good night, the smoke coming from under the car is brilliant! It just wafts around the plaza and across the lake. The flames on top of the shop and behind the SAW - the ride sign, a slight let down they go on for about 2/3 seconds and then go off for like 10 minutes, however a brilliant effect with the smoke!! The actors though a bit boring, still had a good effect on the queue line, the people in the masks strolled what was the single rider queue and stared at guests, even if the ride was walk-on most of the day they still held up unsuspecting victims!Generally SAW- the ride was magnificent!Make sure you go on it!

sWas the fastrack queue in operation then? cause the FT and single rider usually use same queue