SAW: The Ride

Mark9

Yeah, at the moment the syncing is absolutely aweful.I totally agree with the bathroom scene, it is incredibly detailed with pipes, grime, urinals, tiles, a bath and even a sawn off leg, but you only see these things if you are looking out for them!Honestly, these things are so easy to miss, as it is in the middle of a speedy inversion, and the body also takes the attention away from the scene.I find that this scene benefits greatly from the dark, as when lit up properly, it seems to highlight all the detail that this scene has.

Only reccently have I noticed just how detailed the bathroom scene is. It was only when I decided to look sideways during the heartline that I noticed all the urinals, bath tiles and general grime of that scene. It's a shame that you're going through an inversion during that part of the ride as you don't really get to benefit from the scenery being there.Also poor use of lighting in the Sirynge and Crossbow scene take away any drama that the scene may have had in theory. It also helps when the effects are in synch with the ride cars :)

When Gerstlauer came over to do up the ride a month or two back, all the effects went out of sync and they are not sure why. (only by what iv been told, my guess is they were not re-synced back to the ride when the computers sped up dispatch)

• 1 month later...

You may know them as syringes, but in the big arguement about it earlier this year as to what they were, we established they are [actually] supposed to be crossbows.

I must have missed that one! Saw has what the park call 'animations', different story sections of the ride-granted, most of them are very underwhelming and very under conceived.The ride has ten if you want to include the 'exit scene', which is on foot.Animation Five, which is the one you're referring to; is known as the 'Needle Pit' with hypodermic needles on either side of the car.

I must have missed that one! Saw has what the park call 'animations', different story sections of the ride-granted, most of them are very underwhelming and very under conceived.The ride has ten if you want to include the 'exit scene', which is on foot.

It would have been good if you just listed all of the scenes because even I have trouble referring to some of these "scenes" which confuses everybody.

Well, I was just hoping to inspire some discussion about the matter, rather than as you asked, 'just say'..

Well, to me, it seems a bit more of a challenge, so here goes... :rolleyes:1) Onload Station2) The Mechanical Thing (Not sure what it is officially called - but it is directly in front of the station).3) Billy Puppet (Car 1 - Laugh; Car 2 - Speech)4) Swinging Pendulums 5) Crossbows (or Needles, if you so wish)6) Bathroom Scene (First inversion)7) "Game Over" - Bottom of Lift Hill.8) "Congratulations, you're still alive..." Offload Station.9) TV Scene (Exit queue; on foot).10) Must have missed one / joined two together! :S Ah well, 9 is still good. :lol:(Oh yes, and Fever, Grammar. :P)

Animation One; 'COGS' divice dispatch-the trap and the game, have begun.Animation Two; 'BILLY PUPPET', here's what happens if you loose..Animation Three; 'SWINGING BLADE', your device slowly heads toward them..Animation Four; 'SPIKE PIT', dropping toward the head chopper, covered in blood..Animation Five; NEEDLE PIT', the hypodermic needles fire at you..Animation Six; 'WASHROOM SCENE', the scene from SAW and the dead body spraying water..Animation Seven; 'GAME OVER', The TV screens at the bottom of the lift..Animation Eight; 'LIFT SAW', the spinning saws at the base of the 103 degree drop..Animation Nine; 'STORE ROOM', the devices re-enter the building full of old gadgets and machinery..Animation Ten; 'EXIT SCENE', and the games have just begun..So there they are. None are very complementry of each other, or work well together. It would have been nice to have had seperate rooms for each scene. The worst part for me is the amount of daylight in the building and sitting on the far right heading toward the swinging blade all you can see is the light and track below you going into the barrel roll. A smoke effect woud block some of that, but alas.