SAW: The Ride

Mark9

I don't like how on this ride I have to wait behind all the fast trackers and *I think* single riders (for disabled access), yet every other ride except Inferno I get straight on. We waited 20-30 minutes and by the time we got to the station my legs were killing me! -_- I suppose it's better than waiting 60-80 minutes and having my legs fall off.

• 2 weeks later...

Right something to get your hearts puping... *drum roll* SAWs interior ambience music as previously mentioned had gone has returned *shock face insert here* - I should inform you its alot creppier with it. Right *insert betting here* - How long do you think it will last? I bet 1-2 weeks.

Well considering it has very almost already lasted longer than two weeks (it was working when I visited on July 5th)... I think we can be very grateful!Unfortunately I noticed that the ambience theme had gone from the queueline, which was rather strange. That speaker that everybody put their fingers in their ears when they move past it was silent. The only sound came from the police walkie-talkie announcments. I don't actually recall any music, but there certainly wasn't any ambient theme. Why does the music keep changing anyway? Hopefully that has been tidied up now and everything is perfect again.

Good news about the interior ambience track. It fits in very well there :P I'm not too fussed about the exterior queue music though, it gets annoying after an hour spent listening to it as it's literally one note that's played for the entire time with badly acted speech over the top.

Oh this is the only thing I missed today before going to Chessie ...balls. Was pleased about a flashing TW sign though (even though it says Tidal WA, because the VE was blown).Good news anyway even though it just sounds like they swaped it to a different music area.

• 2 weeks later...
No, they never ever planned that.Saw was always Saw, but the use of "13" in one of the trailers was simply to hint bad luck.Thirteen was never going anywhere but Alton Towers, it was specifically designed for the Corkscrew site. Why would Thorpe Park want a custom family coaster anyway at that time? When Saw opened it was all about grabbing as much 'horror' and 'thrill' attention as possible.

I was thinking, in 2008 Thorpe park had 13 all over the 2009 Coaster trailers and in the end it was because it came out on March the 13th. but then I also wondered if they had originally planed for saw the ride to be th13een? and then decided it would be better suited for Alton towers.

In 2008, the Eurofighter was the only thing planned.They couldn't simply just plonk any coaster there...

No, they never ever planned that.Saw was always Saw, but the use of "13" in one of the trailers was simply to hint bad luck.Thirteen was never going anywhere but Alton Towers, it was specifically designed for the Corkscrew site. Why would Thorpe Park want a custom family coaster anyway at that time? When Saw opened it was all about grabbing as much 'horror' and 'thrill' attention as possible.

In 2008, the Eurofighter was the only thing planned.They couldn't simply just plonk any coaster there...

It was just a little theory lol. and I meant the theme not the actual track design :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

I think if there is any ride to have dressed up staff its this one because thorpe park have got so much detail put into the ride that when you see the blue top staff member put you into a loading bay it slightly ruins it for me or at least all staff dress up on fright nights for this ride as well as saw alive!

• 2 weeks later...

I queued for 2 hours and 15 minutes yesterday due to downtime, someone was sick and then technical problems started occurring, in the end we all had to leave the queue but were given priority passes. It opened about 20 mins later, but I had to queue again cos I had used my pass on stealth! Is there a reason why the indoor section of the queue, where the gunshot trap is, was not being used? Because we just walked straight past the trap and up the stairs, which was a bit more boring than watching people scream at the gunshot!

Yes that is exactly the reason, they are now using just one line up the stairs inside instead of the two queues up the stairs. It is not very good in my opinion because no one gets the experience of being made jump by the shotgun from standing underneath.I think it should go back to using that section to queue and using the right hand side up the stairs again for the fasttrack.

That is totally ridiculous!! There is ONE interesting part of that queue line and they've stopped people from even queueing there!! :) What on earth was wrong with the previous way of doing it?! Where the fastrack and standby queues meet at the top of the first flight of stairs.So now everyone misses out on the gunshots and Jigsaw's little speeches. Not happy about this at all.

Well it goes off enough that you do still experience it, but dont have to stand under it for multiple shots now..To be totally honest saying its ridiculous without knowing proper reasons is ridiculous in its self, could be a number of reasons and they do know how to run rides!