SAW: The Ride

Mark9

I really hope when it ends they don't re-theme it by just taking away billy, the logo and some audio, then just play the CCTV on the screens and give it a new name.(which I can totally see happening)They should class it as one of their small/medium investments and re-theme it well and advertise it.

I don't know how these deals work, but what has either side got to gain in removing the franchise? As has been said, Saw as an ongoing production has died. Lionsgate have nothing to either protect or promote with the name so I can't imagine much value is placed on it any more. If it can be bought fairly cheaply they may as well keep it going - would probably cost a lot less then spending on a re theme. Or are these IPs really that expensive?

Wow, that's just crazy! Is it true? I thought while they were churning out the films Lionsgate would have considered it promotion and, as long as the quality of the ride was good enough not to actually harm the brand, it would have been near enough free. Scratching each others back kind of thing. How many times has Thorpe Park paid to plaster the Saw name over the TV and Radio while there was a film out to make money from?Think I need to get me a job as Thorpe Parks contract negotiator!

It's a general thing that happens. Places pay for IPs.. they use it to bring people to the park/event... the films/IP in question dont use the place to market their own brand.The IPs are far bigger than the places which use it, and therefore pay for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

A name out of context means nothing to the majoirty though...Thorpe will advertise Swarm in Jan/Feb next year... They'll have enough testing footage (and other bits) to actually show off the ride to the public, rather than just go, "The Swarm is coming" and that's it... It would more confuse than intrigue people who don't know about it's existence...

The Swarm adverts probably won't appear on TV till about March time, when the park is actually open. Much like with Saw and Stealth and presumably the other coasters.They'll almost certainly be teaser trailers on the internet and stuff, for those who want to know, though. Anyway, Saw..The advertising was just to get people thinking about the big thrills again, and having it as 'more terrifying than before' suited perfectly..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After queueing for an hour I was told I couldn't wear my boots on this ride because they have a heel. I had worn them for every other ride in the park. Luckily my friend let me wear her flat shoes but I can't believe they told me this after queueing for so long!

It's for evacuation reasons as far as I know, if the ride breaks down on one of the Block brakes then it could be dangerous to walk down the small spiral staircases or the ones on the inside blocks. Also if the lift has to be evacuated doesn't a lift come up the side of it like this below?:

After queueing for an hour I was told I couldn't wear my boots on this ride because they have a heel. I had worn them for every other ride in the park. Luckily my friend let me wear her flat shoes but I can't believe they told me this after queueing for so long!

Posted ImageEleventh point down where it says "High healed shoes are not permitted." Whilst I am surprised tyhey adhered to that rule, you can't feign ignorance if you didn't read the signage board at the entrance.

All the evacuation points on Saw have a sort of metal mesh flooring that your heal would get stuck in. It is simply un-safe and impractical to wear high healed shoes on Saw. Colossus also has the same flooring on the evacuation stairs on the lift so the attendants strictly should't have allowed you on wit heals, but due to the amount of people the attendants deal with at one time on that ride it can be easily missed whilst on saw the station batcher deals with each individual group. The attendent was correct to tell you to change your shoes as if there was a shut down you would have had a very hard time and it is part of their job.