SAW: The Ride

Mark9

Due to the nature of the evacuation surfaces, if you were to be evacuated from a ride then it would be extremely painful on your feet and you could cut open your feet on the sharp edges of the metal flooring.

The intriguing point with that is the only parks I've seen it enforced is at Thorpe and Chessington. For years I've had to put up with views of other peoples dirty socks on Air, hell I rode Superman de Acero in some rather delightful yellow socks a few years back.

Different ideas of safety and throughputs - although the flooring is uncomfortable, you wouldn't be able to cut your feet on them. Towers only allow non-shoed people on rides where you cannot put your feet on the floor - so air/nemesis. Every other one you have to wear them.

Completely agree. Numerous times and a lot of the time on Saw and the other main rides at the park, you see people queueing with shoes that I don't think they have thought through properly that morning. If your going to go to Thorpe and be the designated bag person then okay excusable but the first thing I think when I go to Thorpe or any theme park? Zip pocket trousers, snug fitting converse and stuff that I don't mind getting very wet; can't go wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to ask this.SAW's roughness. Other than the first (well second, but first outside) inversion, at the bottom of the 'Daddy Drop' is naturally rough due to the train going into the inversion one way, and coming out of it the other. But one thing I've noticed on SAW is some cars are rougher than others.Yesterday morning I had a 'normal' rough ride on SAW. With you lot, I had a really rough ride on SAW. Then in the evening I had a very smooth ride on SAW. And its not the first time I've noticed it, so perhaps it's certain cars that make it so rough?My other point to put across is, that the indoor section is smooth throughout. And that maybe SAW should consider using its Mid-course brakes, as the inversion after that is rough regardless of car; and that perhaps a couple of trim brakes wouldn't hurt as with the indoor being smooth, it makes me wonder if it's the speed it gains that makes it so rough...

My other point to put across is, that the indoor section is smooth throughout. And that maybe SAW should consider using its Mid-course brakes, as the inversion after that is rough regardless of car; and that perhaps a couple of trim brakes wouldn't hurt as with the indoor being smooth, it makes me wonder if it's the speed it gains that makes it so rough...

The trim being on could be an idea, but seeing as there is only one element after it there wouldn't seem to be much logic in it :P Also, that great airtime you get off the MCBR would potentially be killed or weakened, and in my opinion may worsen the ride experience. -_-

The trim being on could be an idea, but seeing as there is only one element after it there wouldn't seem to be much logic in it :P Also, that great airtime you get off the MCBR would potentially be killed or weakened, and in my opinion may worsen the ride experience. :P

I know it contradicts myself but I agree. I love the way its rough and that airtime off the MCBR is astounding and it really makes SAW stand out from (well Rage) the other eurofighters' I've ridden. But I can't decide if I'd rather it be tamer and smoother, or the way it is... It is a LOT rougher than I recall -_-