Mark9

SAW: The Ride

It's the kind of opinion to expect when you've only ever ridden one version of a certain type...Rage, Speed, Mystery Mine, Fluch, all MILES better than Saw in every way, shape and form...

I find Saw acceptable. Not amazing, not awful. The inside section makes it, the second half doesn't do much for me.I don't find it particularly rough, not to the extent I stop enjoying it, other than the occasional massive jolt at the bottom of the drop which just occasionally hurts like hell.

I know a lot of people have found this ride to be rough or painful, but I'm one of the lucky ones that's never really noticed that.Personally, I was very impressed with the ride. The airtime was so delightful. It really brought joy into my day at Thorpe.Thank you for this ride.

Me and the lovely Serena love saw and have ridden many times. Sometimes it's been rough others really smooth. Clearly as the day progresses and the track moves with the temperature the ride changes. One thing we have noticed is that the front is rougher than the rear. (did that seem a little rude? lol)

Saw was incredibly rough today! I don't think I've ever rode it as rough as it felt today. As it hit the breaks I was actually glad it was over and my head was pounding.If it wasn't for the roughness I'd love it much more than I do.I don't think the roughness adds anything to it other than a headache! I had to quickly go back on The Swarm to feel sane again...gotta love B&M smoothness.

It's taken me about three years to realise how out of place Saw looks at Thorpe. It's quite an embarrassment really. If I was in charge, I'd tear the thing apart, scatter a few remains around The Swarm area and build that woodie!!! :wub:

It just makes so much more sense. If you look back at that first piece of concept art from before it was Saw (you know, the really woodsy sawmill-y one), a woodie with station & whatever other buildings in that style would have been so good. Would have actually seemed like the "Canada Creek Coaster" it was referred to as in the plans...Edit edit editPosted ImageGCI + ^ = Profit.

Thing is, the roughness varies between each ride which is strange, maybe some cars are more susceptable to roughness. I often feel that the last inversion is very much an endurance test

Another thing to note is different people's perceived definition of rough and actually how sensitive people are to roughness. Only place that I have felt a jolt is at the bottom of the drop and the last inversion followed quickly by being whipped into the break certainly can give your neck a good work out but that is just me.

Thing is, the roughness varies between each ride which is strange, maybe some cars are more susceptable to roughness.

I find weight balance can sometimes make an impression. When we have test rides in the morning; it's the smoothest I've ever experienced SAW, and the same is notable when it's first thing or last thing and there's two people in a car (like major off-peak, I have a picture to prove it) :PSounds daft, might just be my mind; but yeah, the lighter the car weight the smoother I find it :oAND I just wanted to post this :)Posted Image

For someone who rarely visits Thorpe like myself, do you think it is worth going on this as well as Colossus bearing in mind the roughness and if so, has anyone got any tips?

Just get on the bloody coasters, they are great fun and the roughness of them is just over-exaggerated by pathetic morons.

Now thats not very nice now. Trust me jack, I'd rather enjoy my rides on Saw, then cringe as it tackles its first drop and final inversion. I hate not being able to enjoy it the way other do.

I'd say do them both because both are very different thrills and often, very different "roughness" on different people. I find Colossus close to unbearable, yet SAW one of Thorpe's smoothest coasters; and other's are quite the opposite, or are like Jack and are in-between. Give them both a go, they're both great rides! :)

The one and only time I rode Saw in the front row I found it to be a lot smoother, and maybe even more forceful but that might just be my mind playing tricks on me as it was a couple of years ago. The ride to me isn't unbearably rough, neither is Colossus... But they're both still a pain in the neck (and ears) more often than not.

I have to agree with the view the ride has become quite rough.I rode it Wed for the first time since 2010 and although it was great fun, it is rather painful in places. I think it varies between cars for sure. My ride on Saw felt more painful than Colossus, no exaggeration.

This is coming from the guy who went.... "oh that wasn't rough at a....OUCHHHH" on Saw. He's in denial. Too distracted by the Saw IP. :)

Well I won't comment on what it did to me this morning haha. But yeah, it can OCCASIONALLY be rough but nothing on Colossus. I come off Colossus and have to sit down and crack my back, back into place :P