SAW: The Ride

Mark9

What's to say that a person has done this? (Even though it's the most likely explanation)

It was probably an uneducated idiot who was dared by their mates to do it. They all insisted it would be 'jokes' and the person probably had some money thrown in to do such a silly thing as well. I can't see why else the person would be on a car window screen jumping up and down until it shattered...

I saw it shattered yesterday! It wasn't boarded up though. Jumping on a car window is an antisocial, horrible thing to do anyway. Let alone doing it to somebody property in a public place...

Strange as it was boarded up exactly like that when I went last Wednesday (29th Aug). I find it hard to believe it got fixed and then shattered again in the same spot yesterday.

It is not a big shock for me really. Not to be offensive in any way, but to me Thorpe is like chav central. Loads of idiots trying to be 'hard' or whatever.

It does my head in when things like this happen but again I can't say I'm surprised in the slightest. The way 'THORPE PARK' advertises itself is bound to attract many of them.

Still I understand why Thorpe sometimes seem unwilling to invest in certain things. I would be the same.

It was probably an uneducated idiot who was dared by their mates to do it. They all insisted it would be 'jokes' and the person probably had some money thrown in to do such a silly thing as well. I can't see why else the person would be on a car window screen jumping up and down until it shattered...

Posted Image

Ahur hum ;)

Whilst I don't condone the behaviour, I think it could be a lot worse. I wouldn't even be that bothered if Thorpe kept it like that as it still looks like it fits. That said, because they replaced it pretty swiftly the last time I don't see why they wouldn't do it again.

Strange as it was boarded up exactly like that when I went last Wednesday (29th Aug). I find it hard to believe it got fixed and then shattered again in the same spot yesterday.

It was a big circular shatter, it was definitely exposed because my mate said: ''I like how they themed the window to look shattered'' then I turned around and saw it. That cardboard would have faced the weather for a couple of days and I don't see it being very effective at covering the glass if it's all soggy from rain etc. It is probably that, but it has to be changed every now and then?

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has got posted before but here is a great promotional video of Saw by Gerstlauer!

On the note of Saw, strangely enough its the only rollercoaster at Thorpe I really want to re-ride (tied with Inferno) because I feel like being on the second row and hardly any effects working really didn't give me the full experience of Saw (Also staring into front rows headrest isn't fun Gerst, should of took note from B&M ;) )

Not sure where I've seen this on the forum, but every now and then someone mentions that Saw's queue line is horrific or now so much worse than it was when it opened.

When Saw opened I remembered thinking just how obvious it was that it had been a whole new island because the queue were bricks on gravel and there wasn't much foliage. Now with the huge reeds at the entrance you can barely see the lake and therefore you feel cut off from the car park or the whole rest of the park. Swarm is praised for being so well themed and I that is hugely helped by the fact it has its own island which may be close to Stealth etc, but when you're queueing you're focused on that one ride.

Saying that I hadn't realised how much I like Thorpe Park's coaster queue lines. When you queue in the Inferno extension you're immersed in foliage and B&M roar, Colossus everywhere you look is an inversion. (It sounds weird but compare it to queueing for Samurai where you're shoved between Saw, Colossus, Slammer, and Samurai). Whilst Saw doesn't have interaction in the queue line, this is now made up for by the remote enclosed feeling I get when I queue.

Weird post but basically I think Saw's overgrown look is good and that the traps in the queue were designed to look discarded.

Saying that I hadn't realised how much I like Thorpe Park's coaster queue lines. When you queue in the Inferno extension you're immersed in foliage and B&M roar, Colossus everywhere you look is an inversion. (It sounds weird but compare it to queueing for Samurai where you're shoved between Saw, Colossus, Slammer, and Samurai). Whilst Saw doesn't have interaction in the queue line, this is now made up for by the remote enclosed feeling I get when I queue.

Weird post but basically I think Saw's overgrown look is good and that the traps in the queue were designed to look discarded.

Inferno's queue is just great isn't it? :D I haven't been to the park of late so I don't know about the situation with Saw, but last time I went I felt exactly what you described. Despite the station looking suitably run-down, there was an almost clinically 'clean' feel about the surrounding area/plaza, and the views across to the car park and the obvious transition from Lost City to Saw's Island did somewhat detract from the continuity of the theme.

Whilst Saw doesn't have interaction in the queue line, this is now made up for by the remote enclosed feeling I get when I queue.

This. It's something I tried touching upon a bit in my blog entry about Saw, but you've really hit the nail on the head with this bit.

Whilst the area and theme is Merlin's perhaps typical "Make it derelict and ruined so we don't have to maintain it", it makes you feel secluded, remote and that you are about to enter a derelict warehouse. The sight of track and hearing Jigsaw's "GAME OVER" serve as a constant reminder that there is something a bit more dark inside, and it really works well. I have always said that I've disliked the traps on the outside, and said they're unimaginative or a bit silly, but the fact they're on the outside and discarded and covered in overgrown greenery / weeds, shows that this is perhaps what they are meant to be.

So whilst some may criticise the queue and perhaps lazy theming, it will most definitely age well. I certainly enjoyed queueing for it today!