SAW: The Ride

Mark9

You mean the "GAME.... OVER!" bit?

Yeah, that's been there like... forever...

I keep going on this thing, and I keep getting headaches... Today's was especially nasty... Urgh... It was very juddery in the vertical sense, rather than neck bashing... Dunno why it's the only Eurofighter that suffers so badly...

I keep going on this thing, and I keep getting headaches... Today's was especially nasty... Urgh... It was very juddery in the vertical sense, rather than neck bashing... Dunno why it's the only Eurofighter that suffers so badly...

I always get a horrible headache from Saw, too. I never actually bash my head on the restraints - it's almost as if the contents of my skull is being shaken around like a Kinder Surprise! Yet I can ride Colossus multiple times with no ill effects.

I always get a horrible headache from Saw, too. I never actually bash my head on the restraints - it's almost as if the contents of my skull is being shaken around like a Kinder Surprise! Yet I can ride Colossus multiple times with no ill effects.

I think its the final turn (just after the break run) which does it. I come off with a thumping head and that to me seems to be the most violent bit on your head, and from looking at previous videos of people on it, you can see it is. Good ride though

• 2 weeks later...

Personally Saw is far more painful for me. I can cope with the headaches but when that restraint decided to dig into my crutch, I just need to get off as quickly as possible. I honestly hate the Saw restraints due to the fact that they seem to go down as much as you want which can become agonizingly painful.

The only painful part of Colossus for me is the lack of leg room, other than that, it is a fine.

• 4 months later...

Guys does anyone know when The saw license runs out with thorpe park? I am getting worried as I love the whole themeing of Saw and I don't want it to be removed :( As far as I know though, if it was to be rethemed, they will keep it as a horror-coaster.

Could there be a slight retheme of Saw? As I remember hearing that the contract with Twisted Pictures ran out at the end of last season.
To be honest I think even if the sponsorship ran out we'd still see a ride that would be fairly obviously based around the Saw franchise. Thorpe are lazy. The name would probably change to something like 'Buzzsaw' and all references to Jigsaw / Billy the Puppet would be removed... it's in Thorpe's best interests to maintain the current theme. Hopefully the contract will be / has been extended.
I really want the contract to be extended because Saw is one of the best rides in the park- partly because the actual ride is great, but also because the themeing is exceptional and I love it when you stop by Jigsaw :P

I am getting worried as I love the whole themeing of Saw and I don't want it to be removed

What theming?

They will probably have no obligation to remove anything because toilets, dummies and blades are not legal trademarks of the Saw franchise. Only direct references to Saw like the puppet will have to be replaced.

Only direct references to Saw like the puppet will have to be replaced.

And traps from the film - the trap just before you go up the stairs behind thd fence is from the third film (the rack trap), youve then got the quadruple shotgun hallway just before you get to it, razor wire trap - as your going up the stairs, neck splicer - in the station area, then all the billy dolls, they'd have to retheme the bathroom trap - maybe just get rid of the toilets in it and jigsaws head in the scales when your going down the exit stairs. I tjink those are all the 'saw related elements' which either would need to be removed or tweeked.

But Lionsgate can't really claim they own the rights to displaying toilets, dummies in razor wire or shotguns hanging from the ceiling. Yes, the indoor trap may have to be removed because I heard it was an old prop from one of the films, though it depends whether Thorpe Park just licenced it or bought it completely - in which case they own it and can use it.

I think the only things Thorpe Park licenced from Lionsgate were the use of the name, logo and characters. Lionsgate had very little, if any, involvement in the ride itself or its theming, the props were mostly done in house so they have nothing to reclaim. Lionsgate will only get angry if Thorpe Park continue to associate themselves with the Saw franchise for their own benefit, since they will no longer be paying to use the brand once the contract has ended.

5 years would last till the end of this season (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013).

Personally, I don't think it would be particularly hard to change. As others have said, there is little Saw-related stuff. Of what there is, it could easily be removed and replaced, or Thorpe may actually own it themselbes now. To be honest, I think when it comes to the queue line videos and the TV before the lift hill, Thorpe and Merlin could do a better job than with what there is now, especially if the theme was converted to an abandoned warehouse / sawmill.

I guess it comes down to public opinion. If enough people are liking Saw for having the Saw name in it, Thorpe would try their upmost to make the agreement last as long as possible.

Thank goodness nobody cares about Saw anymore then! :P

I can't beleive I am the only one who likes saw! It is my 2nd favourite ride in thorpe park after stealth! I don't want the whole saw idea to be replaced, I wanna see the license extended! But if thorpe end up changing it to a better horror-themed coaster it will be smiles all round :)