SAW: The Ride

Mark9

A couple of the comments on page 3 sum it up pretty well but I'll just say what came to mind when I was on it:- It's one hell of a rough ride. The first time didn't bother me much but the second time, god I got off with a bad headache. I think there just isn't enough padding to support your head in the seats considering the rough turns and drops.- I was bitterly disappointed with the outside theming... it's all randomly thrown together chunks of wood which I imagine are probably there for when the sponsorship deal runs out and they need to do soemthing else with it but come on, it could have had a lot more effort put into it. Inside theming was good though.- On the subect of the inside: aren't the pendulums meant to swing...? Also I reckon for the first drop they should have done the lighting so that it wasn't evident the spikes were there until you actually dropped, so maybe timed the lighting with the drop for greater impact.- The vertical lift did pretty much what it meant to because I was bricking it :)- The rest of the track is good and there are some nice drops, but it's a little unimaginative.Now I'm not at all saying it's a bad ride, and I enjoyed it more the second time round. I just think it didn't quite live up to the hype that surrounded it, and there are still other rides in TP that I would rather go on than that. But to each his own, I suppose.

Samurai happens to be my fave at the moment, because I think they cranked the settings up after repairing it. It was certainly much faster than when I was there last Fright Night and gave me some of the best thrills I had all day, it was amazing. Saw might end up growing on me, and I'm planning on going next October and think it'll probably be a good thing to ride on in the dark.

What the hell did the video with the discovery of the box on the building site have to do with the ride? What was even in the box?

I dont know what the number 13 had to do with it but the 3rd video said.......() a device was activated when the box was opened - maybe for a timer to show how long they have to save the man (lets call him chris) in the 4th video.()A key was found - maybe to unlock the chains that Chris was held to the chair with.()A picture of an unknown individual - maybe of chris in the warehouse or a body from Jigsaws earlier traps.()And a note : You have untill the 13th of October to prepare yourself untill I pull back the curtain and reveal the nightmare. Time is running out (when I first heard this I thought it was a circus!!!). - A warning to prepare for what jisaw might do?Remember - THORPE didnt know it was going to be SAW-THE RIDE untill after the 3rd video so the first three were just a backround story for what might have been eg. a haunted mill/warehouse.

It was a possibility a while ago it was going to be the Chainsaw Massacre, Leatherface rather than Jigsaw. Wonder what that would of turned out to be like, I think Saw perfect for the ride Theme because of all the traps inside.

When was it ever going to be the Chainsaw Massacre? :)

Unfortunately, SAW will no longer have SRQ on weekends and (as I interpreted it) on any peak / busy day.Went to the park today, no SRQ. Enquired about it. I was told that many people were using the SRQ to get on SAW multiple times with a minimal queue - it was like a free Fastrack. Now that Fastrack is in operation, the park have decided to stop using SRQ on weekends and busy days (peak days in other words). This may fall onto off peak days - is there a point when the queue isn't going to be too long?Honestly, I'm absolutely against this - very bad move. In the space of 5 minutes, I saw at least 8 empty spaces! Please Thorpe, make the right decision and bring it back - now!

Excellent move Thorpe, they're totally right - people were using it as a free form of Fastrack in groups rather than people visiting on their own and a lot of people on here are guilty of it. Why should I queue when people in groups can use the SRQ free and add extra time to my wait. Well done TP.

I agree. To be honest, I think Thorpe should just ditch SR and fastrack on all of their rides, and just have one queue, but I doubt that this will ever happen. If fact, I know this won't happen, because Thorpe make so much extra money from fastrack sales.

Yeah I noticed this yesterday when the SRQ was closed at about 4:30ish.At the end of the day on busier days the queue lines gonna be longer hence more people will join the SRQ making that longer so people will still be waiting a fair bit of time in the SRQ. I'm gonna be honest and did use the SRQ as a way to skip the normal queue, so its a shame in a way its gone, this will proberly encourage more people to buy fasstrack which ain't gonna help the normal queue :).One thing that really did piss me off about some people in the SRQ and was completely unaceptable and thorpe should have been stricter was people who bail under the gate from the SRQ to the main queue in the station. This is completely unfair when people had been waiting over an hour to get on the ride and someone comes and cuts in front of them who'd been queueing for not nearly as long, the gates shouldv'e been made a lot harder to climb through :P It is good to see thorpe staff send them back when they've been noticed though. Still with 8 trains the normal queue should be moving a lot quicker.

I agree. To be honest, I think Thorpe should just ditch SR and fastrack on all of their rides, and just have one queue, but I doubt that this will ever happen. If fact, I know this won't happen, because Thorpe make so much extra money from fastrack sales.

I agree with ditching the single rider queue if large groups are taking advantage of the system but I would definately not get rid of fastrack!With fastrack, you pay for a 'bit of luxuary'. I would rather pay £3/£4* for a single rider ticket and queue 20 mins then queue 2 hours.I always say to anyone who does not like fastrack "Don't use it then and join the main queue line"!(I may get some hate mail after that) :) * (Put a slash in it as unsure whether £3 or £4).

I agree with ditching the single rider queue if large groups are taking advantage of the system but I would definately not get rid of fastrack!With fastrack, you pay for a 'bit of luxuary'. I would rather pay £3/£4* for a single rider ticket and queue 20 mins then queue 2 hours.I always say to anyone who does not like fastrack "Don't use it then and join the main queue line"!(I may get some hate mail after that) :) * (Put a slash in it as unsure whether £3 or £4).

I'm not saying I don't like fastrack, and I will put my hands up now and say that I do occasionally use it. But I would much rather there just be one single queue-line for every ride. But I do agree, that if people want to spend more money to get on a ride quicker, then that's their choice.

Fastracks not the problem. Theres always gonna be fastrack at a theme park. Thorpe just run it terribly :)

Totolly agree. Thorpe seem to just sell it like there's no tomorrow, there should be a better limit than the current one with how much can be sold.

In the end, SRQ worked well. Yes, it needed to be stricter sometimes, but overall, it did work well. I will admit that twice there was someone else with me and we did it to skip the queues - but that was because we didn't mind going on by ourselves and we felt it was pointless queuing so we could sit together when we could just fill in an empty seat. In other words, I used as it should have been used - I didn't abuse it. In the end, stopping SRQ will probably lead to more Fastrack sales, thus making the queue longer than SRQ would have done. Perhaps Thorpe should be slightly less penny pinching?

In the end, SRQ worked well. Yes, it needed to be stricter sometimes, but overall, it did work well. I will admit that twice there was someone else with me and we did it to skip the queues - but that was because we didn't mind going on by ourselves and we felt it was pointless queuing so we could sit together when we could just fill in an empty seat. In other words, I used as it should have been used - I didn't abuse it. In the end, stopping SRQ will probably lead to more Fastrack sales, thus making the queue longer than SRQ would have done. Perhaps Thorpe should be slightly less penny pinching?

I use SRQ most of the time:)