Rumba Rapids

Ash

They wouldnt put prices up for it to happen, they would put prices up to what people find a reasonable level and pay for..

And then increase that by a pound every few months... the cheeky scamp. Anyway lets try and keep fastrack off of rides, not add it to ones that work fine without it.

• 9 months later...

I love how we call a few hose pipes spraying water, "effects". Really shows the state that our theme parks in England are in! Don't get me wrong though, when they're working (and used to be all the time back in the day of Thunder River), they make the ride a lot more fun.

That's true, the ride is slightly dull. On a good ride, you can get quite wet but there isn't much to the ride; theming wise and 'effects' wise. The tunnel is a bit randomly placed and it's the only part of the ride that adds a bit more fun =/ tbh, the best part of the ride is trying to get inside one of the rapids =P

Rumba Rapids for me is quite enjoyable. Yes it may not be in it's best of days but it's a good little ride for when you want a break from the bigger stuff and I've found that the ride isn't as tame as it once was (not as rough as thunder river) because you can get quite a 'spinny' boat and the waves tend to get in your boat more often.It is annoying though that some of the original features, don't seem to work anymore (e.g. the shower and the waterfall going into the tunnel) as these types of rides are more enjoyable when dodging the inevitable, but even if none of the sprays are on though it's still quite good for what it does and you should remember it was built before they started developing more 'intense' rapids and at the time was probably the star attraction in the park.

• 1 month later...

Rumba rapids is fun, not the really good ride it used to be when it was Thunder river, but you can still get pretty wet on it, and as someone said it's a nice break from rides such as Rush an Vortex. Iused to love all the cool music it played, and even though the new theme is good, it does not match the old one

Thunder River was good, and I think a lot of people preferred it. When it was rethemed to Ribena Rumba Rapids it wasn't welcomed warmly, especially by an author at Coaster Kingdom who gave it some pretty harsh criticism. Infact, come to think of it, he'll go through the A-Z of the good and bad of any ride he reviews, he really just does go over the top. Pratt. :P Don't listen to his reviews, fellow Hub Mania members, just judge the ride for yourself.Where was I? Oh yes, Rumba! :P Yes, so it wasn't welcomed warmly, but people have come round to it and got to like it. Personally, I hated it at first, but now? Well it's better than Thunder River ever was. OK, so they put new boats in for RRR, and sometimes things don't work for a while (like the water tower shower for example), but yes, it's brilliant, and yes the music is so good I have even made a ringtone for my phone that I might one day get round to using!

Thunder River was good, and I think a lot of people preferred it. When it was rethemed to Ribena Rumba Rapids it wasn't welcomed warmly, especially by an author at Coaster Kingdom who gave it some pretty harsh criticism. Infact, come to think of it, he'll go through the A-Z of the good and bad of any ride he reviews, he really just does go over the top. Pratt. :P Don't listen to his reviews, fellow Hub Mania members, just judge the ride for yourself.

Thats what reviews are supposed to be. They are supposed to balance the pros and cons of a ride and come to a natural conclusion of what he believes of the ride.

• 3 weeks later...

Thats what reviews are supposed to be. They are supposed to balance the pros and cons of a ride and come to a natural conclusion of what he believes of the ride.

Yes, you're right - but he doesn't balance, he just criticises the whole ride and explores the cons. We all know that the new Bubbleworks is not as good as the old theme, but the review for that would bring a ten year old kid to tears.

Yes, you're right - but he doesn't balance, he just criticises the whole ride and explores the cons. We all know that the new Bubbleworks is not as good as the old theme, but the review for that would bring a ten year old kid to tears.

But you yourself said he does balence. "he'll go through the A-Z of the good and bad of any ride he review"& its unlikely that ten your old kids would go online to find reviews of bubbleworks, not that they'd remember much of the old version anyway.