Rumba Rapids

Ash

Couple of things about this ride I noticed today, there's 3 sprinklers at the base of the lift hill all going off randomly, dunno if that's new or not. Also the inside of the dark section with the waterfall that's normally lit up was pitch black which in my opinion was not good as the waterfall didn't look impressive since it only looks good and doesn't actually get you wet. A final thing is the amount of rubbish in on either side of the queue as you approach the station; really needs to be cleaned up as it looks disgusting

I think I remember the sprinklers when I went during Fright Nights, and the waterfall actually got me wet when I went as my part of the boat bumped into it, although not being able to see what sounds like a massive waterfall terrifies those who haven't been on it before, I found it rather amusing myself.

Couple of things about this ride I noticed today, there's 3 sprinklers at the base of the lift hill all going off randomly, dunno if that's new or not. Also the inside of the dark section with the waterfall that's normally lit up was pitch black which in my opinion was not good as the waterfall didn't look impressive since it only looks good and doesn't actually get you wet. A final thing is the amount of rubbish in on either side of the queue as you approach the station; really needs to be cleaned up as it looks disgusting

The sprinklers at the base of the lift hill that go off have been there for quite a while now, don't know how many years exactly, they weren't on this year when I went so I'm glad they've turned on one of there only water effects on now ;)

About the lights, they weren't on when I went either so I'm not sure if they have been on at all this season yet? Probably just another 'effect' they have given up on now.

Can't remember if it was the beginning of last season or the one before when they gave the tunnel a bit of a tart up, but they've let it go so badly again.

What is frustrating is how little work actually needs doing to move it from 'embarrassing' to 'acceptable'. Clean it (shouldn't even need saying about anything on park!), black cloth to narrow the entrance and exit to make it darker, cover the holes in the structure, fix the rope lights which gave a glow but didn't light up the space too much and if they're feeling really exotic some misters as mentioned. It would cost them about what they take from 20 or so cars in a single day and would make the world of difference to the whole ride.

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed in the tunnel yesterday that they have covered up some pipework. It also felt a lot more lighter in there than usual. Hope they make some other improvements to the tunnel and other parts of the ride as it is massively lacking themeing and effects...

This is what the tunnel used to look like...

2dfecff8b3d5b9ed43f0b28d3974a1d3.png

And it now looks like...

703b01b86a7189e501a97ceb48cd9b68.png

Noticed in the tunnel yesterday that they have covered up some pipework. It also felt a lot more lighter in there than usual. Hope they make some other improvements to the tunnel and other parts of the ride as it is massively lacking themeing and effects...

This is what the tunnel used to look like...

2dfecff8b3d5b9ed43f0b28d3974a1d3.png

And it now looks like...

703b01b86a7189e501a97ceb48cd9b68.png

I knew something was missing!

What in god's name possessed them to remove the only bit of theming left in the tunnel? :angry2:

Just because you don't see the point don't mean there isn't one :P

What is the point then?

The waterfall didn't actually look too awful with the pipes and colours, what is the point of removing them and putting nothing in their place?

Surely if they are planning to work on it then they must know when they'll be able to do it- there's no need to leave it in such a dire state.

You don't see it because the lights are off , unless you have a camera flash in there :P

I don't know why they've removed them but they won't have done for no reason..

Exactly! It isnt supposed to be dark.

A feature like that waterfall should be lit up with coloured lighting - they should be proud of it and use it to it's full potential.

What's the point of having it dark?