Rumba Rapids

Ash

oh I could have sworn I seen the rope lighting on more recently and that it was over what is now covered up, and from what I could see it literally just is a black cloth with no rope light over it?

Yeah, I'm sure the rope lighting was there before the black sheet, just put over the theming.

Why not just light up the theming?

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have any idea why the photo booth is covered in scaffolding and as a result is obviously not open? Don't think they would get rid of the photos on this ride because 1) it always takes good, clear photos 2) why would they do it mid season?

y6eru2ez.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

hqHcx7p.jpg

(It's an awful image edit I know)

My idea for the restyling of Rumba;

It takes on a tropical theme, similar to it's neighbour Inferno and takes design cues from Hollister stores and tropical travel.

The garish green and purple is gone, replaced by faded blue and dark wood textures and clean cream plaster. The bridge has a new ceramic tile roof and the front is boarded up and plastered over, the ride logo moves to here, each letter a coppered metal, the same metal makes the lighting either side of the sign, a metal chandelier is hung within. The addition of large planters surround the entrance in a dense foliage.

hqHcx7p.jpg

(It's an awful image edit I know)

My idea for the restyling of Rumba;

It takes on a tropical theme, similar to it's neighbour Inferno and takes design cues from Hollister stores and tropical travel.

The garish green and purple is gone, replaced by faded blue and dark wood textures and clean cream plaster. The bridge has a new ceramic tile roof and the front is boarded up and plastered over, the ride logo moves to here, each letter a coppered metal, the same metal makes the lighting either side of the sign, a metal chandelier is hung within. The addition of large planters surround the entrance in a dense foliage.

That would be much better. One thing is for sure which is that it is in dire need of a refurbishment, they have the hardware (for example the waterfall inside the tunnel) but they are hiding it away in darkness which is, in my opinion madness!

The colour scheme isn't too bad, as I guess it fits with the 'bright' tropical vibe they've tried to create. But I think the colour scheme Ryan has suggested would make it fit into the Calypso Quay area much better and it'd be more obvious that that and Inferno are both in the same area, as to me I feel as though there's just Inferno, then Rumba Rapids, not Inferno and Rumba Rapids as a collective; a similar colour scheme would definitely make the association more noticeable.

Although a re-theme would be good, even with a re-theme, I can never see this ride being great. After riding the rapids at Alton towers last weekend, I just released how bad Rumba actually is, it doesn't exactly do a lot. The rapids at Alton towers doesn't have a lot of effects or is well themed, but I had a lot of fun on it, a lot more fun than I'd have on Rumba anyway ;)

• 2 weeks later...