Rumba Rapids

Ash

I wonder what is wrong with it?Surely there's not much that can go wrong with Rumba....

Just some ideas that have came into my head to answer Paul's question...-The convayor. -The convayor for the station. (Turntable)-Propellors under water not working.-Not enough boats as most deflated underneath.-Power Cut.-Effects broke and gone in water causing ride closure.-(There are loads in the queue line before you say what...) Bees in queue line requiring removal, therefore closing the ride as people can not queue.Therefore, A lot can go wrong with Rumba Rapids like most rides! :P

I was just wondering to myself:What if Rumba Rapids was sponsored by Imperial Leather?Then I thought that I could edit pictures to LOOK like its sponsored by ILPictures:http://g.imagehost.org/0580/Rumba_1.jpghttp://g.imagehost.org/0551/Rumba_2.jpghttp://g.imagehost.org/0945/Rumba_3.jpgMaybe IL's boats (if they sponsor it!) have a way to stop people moving about as much.

Please doesn't ruin rumba, my little brother fav ride. I would pay you not to sponser it

hey todge if you were there this morning I was most propbaly the person that turned you away as I was on the front telling people that it was unavailable lol what a shame I love this ride :P

nah I didnt go to the entrance, I just had a peek over the fence :P

What annoys me on these videos is there are CCTV cameras all around Rumba Rapids. I am not being rude to the staff before anyone has a go at me but come on! If that is happening and you are the ride operator, shouldn't you act on it? (and Yes before people also say they might not see it etc. Fair Enough).

What do you suggest. E-stopping the rapids isn't going to bring those guys down. You can do PA announcements but how exactly is that going to get them down when they are already up there. It's all very well saying the ride operator should act on it but with the nature of the rapids, what can you realistically do in those situations.

What do you suggest. E-stopping the rapids isn't going to bring those guys down. You can do PA announcements but how exactly is that going to get them down when they are already up there. It's all very well saying the ride operator should act on it but with the nature of the rapids, what can you realistically do in those situations.

Ok then. Maybe it is just me being harsh.But, If I was working on Rumba Rapids and I saw people doing this. I would end up calling security :)However, Mark9, I understand what you are saying too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
2010: RideI would love Rumba Rapids to have some of its water effects returned for the 2010 season.I already know why some can't be used, but some just need to return or more into place!I know there is always the issue of people standing up to avoid them, but it is a water ride!2010: AudioI love grooving to the Rumba Rapids audio! :)However, it would be nice for the speakers towards the start of the queue line to have major attention due to the fact these don't give out any sound at all!

There was a plan to change the entire queueline with a path going around in the other direction and over the rapids themselves, a little like how they opened up Congo River at Alton Towers. The area where the queue line is now was intented to be opened up to become a better viewing area. It's a shame the plan was never put into place, I assume it was due to costs and the fact it doesn't really need to be changed.Another thing I would really like to see is the small square outside Burger King and beside Rumba, become an interactive fountain-for anyone who has been to IOA in Orlando, will have a good idea how it could work, currently, the area is very bland and could use a little life and would be perfect with the Rumba water theme.