Rumba Rapids

Ash

I would be well up for spending a couple of days cleaning it and adding bits to it to improve it - for free! Lol!

Maybe not for free - just for a couple of entry tickets!!I'd really be up for this too, a couple of days, a couple of weeks before opening. As long as there was a proper employee/manager supervising each area (to stop us doing anything stupid) I can't see a problem with it. Do thorpe park still read this? If so - get in touch!!In the mean time would someone please pick up the rotting 'source of the current' sign laying on the floor, upside down, at the tunnel entrance before I get out of my boat and do it myself. Thanks.

I'm up for lending hand too always up for lending hand and could do fibreglass repairs on boats too because they are dangerous to customers I spotted two boats with.loads . But I know we will never do it it for them we won't be aloud but just offering help to people I'f needed ;)

Mention the fiberglass thing to guest services next time you visit, they'll need to write an incident report and it'll be noted. As it'll be mentioned by customer, chances are stuff will be done.Cleaningwise.. its just the attitude of the park. Towers clean their rapids (well, the boats at least) every few days to keep it clean. Thorpe just does.. no.. cleaning.. other than picking up rubbish.

Mention the fiberglass thing to guest services next time you visit, they'll need to write an incident report and it'll be noted. As it'll be mentioned by customer, chances are stuff will be done [/quote /]Brill I will mention next time just didn't want to stupid being repairs but hate to see people hurt or injured on the ride . And agree needs to be cleaned every couple of days

I've always said this - I've got a soft stop for Rumba. I don't know why, but I enjoy it.This season does seem to have improved slightly - on my goes last week, I probably got wetter than most of my rides during the whole of last season. Also, there's the padding on the bars which I think is good. I'm not saying it's perfect - that tunnel could be improved greatly (lights, a sprinkler / squirter - anything!) and there should be a point somewhere else in the course where there's some sort of effect that could get you wet. I'd also love to see the water-squirting lizard work again! So yeah, it can be improved, but I still like it. People talk about the garish colour scheme - yeah, it's not the best, but it's just something that I overlook now. The music is pretty nice though! ;)Basically, it just needs a little spruce up - an extra squirter or two at some point in the course and some lights in the tunnel. Simples.

Say as you like, but Rumba needs to be wetter. I mean, really, it's kind of sad. I haven't been on it since the start of the new season yet, so maybe that's changed.

I found that me and mates got soaked which we were shocked to top that the guy helping us on boats got us soaked with the hose pipe lol

• 11 months later...

I find it strange how last year when it was 32 degrees Thorpe failed to have the waterfall over the tunnel entrance switched onbut today when it's rainy and cold they managed to have it on aswell as another (new?) spurt of water shooting down from the middle of the cave roof :P

I got to thorpe park queue a few times every year, and they only installed the waterfall or someone said it was fixed from before in oct last year? that was the first time I had ever seen it working anyway! we had a bit of a shock!

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest, my post was in that topic was totally tounge in cheek. In seriousness, whatever the incident was (It's not hard to imagine the dangers on a rapids ride), It's only *slightly* unfair to punish the many, sensible riders of the Rapids because of what idiots may have done.

Things like people standing up whilst the ride goes round, I've seen whole family groups stand up as the boats hit the wave pool before, should they be banned from it so the only things going round are the water and the boats.

Wait.. does that mean Gordon is also banned from the Rapids. :D

I personally don't.

So it is safe enough for stupid guests who have children, but not safe enough for sensible guests who do not? Don't be daft.

-------

If a study found 90% of trolling on the internet is carried out by 15-19 year olds, until a troll filter is developed all 16-19 year olds are banned from the internet. Wouldn't make sense, would it? Because:

- Nearly all 16 to 19 year olds are not trolls, so it is not fair on them.

- People outside this age group would still occasionally troll, so the problem is not gone.

Dumb ass example, I know, but you see my point? It is a stupid measure to put in place. It is safe, or it is not.

I personally don't.

So it is safe enough for stupid guests who have children, but not safe enough for sensible guests who do not? Don't be daft.

There simply must be a reason for them to do this, its somthing what will without doubt cause complaints so its not somthing they will take lightly. I dont think you can compare internet trolling to the health and safety of people.