Rumba Rapids

Ash

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone who's seen Jack Silkstone's video will see that Rumba is now using the converted boats, which feature gates at all entrances to the boats. Presumably a measure to discourage people jumping out the boats.

I am under the impression that some boats have not been converted yet, so it's possible the ride will open on reduced capacity at the start of season.

On 3/22/2019 at 10:19 AM, Loggers Creek said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if we see Rumba on limited boats during the first few weeks/months of season. I suppose if it’s actually open that should be an achievement.

Definitely limited boats on Saturday but the staff were doing a good job of filling the boats. Pleased to say that the doors don't make the ride even less wet than it was previously! Not sure if it's due to changes or the fact I was in a boat full of adults but the bottom of the boat scraped a few of the underwater pipes/logs when I rode.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

As much as I think it's a silly decision personally, it should be noted and commended that Rumba Rapids will be open throughout Fright Nights this season, after being closed for the event over the past couple of years.

It'll close at dusk as has been standard.

I guess with Quantum dead and other rides struggling, they don't want to have to have too many rides SBNO. But the sheer lack of popularity the ride has over Fright Nights, coupled with the large number of staff it takes to operate, I question the worth of actually having it open.

• 3 months later...

Does anyone believe the rumour that has been going around the theme park community lately. People have been spreading rumours regarding Rumba Rapids being reverted back to Thunder River as it was prior to the 2002 Ribena Rumba Rapids sponsorship that has since expired resulting in the simple name change too Rumba Rapids.

Please share your opinions and thoughts about not just this rumour but the general long term future of this Thorpe Park classic!

29 minutes ago, Wicker Matt said:

On second thoughts, they’ll probably keep the ride the same until they remove it whenever that is.

I assume by "remove" you mean "close it and just leave it to rot"?? 😛

Would be nice to see some form of work done on the rapids to freshen it up a bit but I can't see that being a priority for Thorpe at the moment. Especially if money is tight as we have been led to believe.

6 hours ago, Theme Park Fanatic said:

Does anyone believe the rumour that has been going around the theme park community lately. People have been spreading rumours regarding Rumba Rapids being reverted back to Thunder River as it was prior to the 2002 Ribena Rumba Rapids sponsorship that has since expired resulting in the simple name change too Rumba Rapids.

Please share your opinions and thoughts about not just this rumour but the general long term future of this Thorpe Park classic!

That's not a real rumour, you just made that up didn't you? 🙄