Thorpe Park On Budget

Josh R

OK, we all know the recession is in full swing, and money is tight, but with the right tips, you can still have a great day out at thorpe park, and save some money as well, so lets discuss our ways of saving money if you have them...Post your ideas here, I'll start the ball going...If you are coming to thorpe from London, and getting the train from waterloo, SouthWest Trains do a deal, that includes Standard class rail travel, entrance fee to the park and bus transfer for £29 (last time I checked), which is really a no brainer if you don't have the passes.

1. Buy an AP if you plan to go 3 or more times in one year2. Get a drinks refill thing, if you plan to get a few drinks during the day.3. Try not to buy fastracks, plan your route before you so you can get the big rides done before the queues build up, only buy fastracks on Fright Nights or when queues reach more than 1h 30mTry to use those and you may only spend £10

Everytime I go, I buy a Bounceback ticket for £10 which allows me to return before the end of the season. (Sometime in October). With entry for £10, you can't really go wrong. Since I visited probably at least once a month last year, I will probably buy a Thorpe Park annual pass. Also, I am not sure if they are supposed to do this at Thorpe Park, but I bought 5 bounceback tickets last year (for some more friends to come next time), and only two of us went up to the ticket office. I am not sure if it is supposed to be one bouceback ticket per person.

Everytime I go, I buy a Bounceback ticket for £10 which allows me to return before the end of the season. (Sometime in October). With entry for £10, you can't really go wrong. Since I visited probably at least once a month last year, I will probably buy a Thorpe Park annual pass. Also, I am not sure if they are supposed to do this at Thorpe Park, but I bought 5 bounceback tickets last year (for some more friends to come next time), and only two of us went up to the ticket office. I am not sure if it is supposed to be one bouceback ticket per person.

I always thought bounceback tickets were very good value.

Can you buy multiple bouncebacks on one day?

I don't know if you are supposed to be allowed to, but I managed to buy 5 the other day for my friends, but I only had to present my ticket. I was only there with one friend that day. If you are allowed to, it would be great for organising trips and things, you could get tickets then for £10. Happy customers!

If you want to save money then as everyone else has said get an AP. Also with the AP you can get discount on food,merchandise as well as the entry into the park.If you are on a budget then get the train after 9-30 on weekdays as this will mean off peak travel which is cheaper. You don't have to get to the park for opening as you will have time to do the rides if you plan well and the park aint too busy.Also to save money on food and drink then make yourself some sandwiches and a couple of drinks at home this will not only save money it will also save time Q'ing for food at the onsite shops and outlets.

Of course the ultimate way of having a cheap day at Thorpe Park is to not bother going, instead watch the on-ride videos on youtube. That way you get the experience of the rides without the fuss!

You must be rolling in money if watching videos on youtube can satisfy you as much as going on the rides themselves :)!

Tesco Clubcard ticket for entry, then non-London route train ticket (Clapham Junction>Staines), £8.30, then Thorpe bus, £3 return. Then the only remaining price is noms and souvenirs if you're that way inclined.

Yeah, if you go to Tescos alot you should get tickets pretty easy with clubcard points.

• 1 year later...

How much are bounceback tickets currently?Because I'm aware there's a next-day bounceback and a rest of the season bounceback. I think. Yes? :|Either way, can someone please tell me the price of both these types of ticket?Thanks.Also, Mark9 is awesome. BYE.

I agree with what others have said, and just to add...Don't eat out at Nandos afterward :DOr anywhere for that matter. The only problem is when the rest of the group want to and you don't want to be a pooper and go home early, so you give in and spend money on food unnecessarily! Yup, I've done that too many times! :) :DGo home and eat. And don't be tempted by those expensive vending machines and shops at the station either!