Quantum

Dan_Rush

21 minutes ago, JoshuaA said:

Yeah.. RIP I guess.. Toadstools, Submission, Ripsaw, Slammer, Merlin sure do hate flat rides. They are the ones missing out though as flat rides can be fairly cheap to install and can be a decent draw.. Like even a larson loop would be good right now!

Quantum has opened this season - i guess it’s just suffering more problems - hopefully can be back up soon!

• 4 weeks later...

So update on quantum, a person was working on the ride today and looked like they where doing something with the pivot points on the ride and the carriage it self and it looks like they are now in the possess of doing the rest of the fixes and maintenance, from the look of it, it might be back before the end of the season but I don’t know for sure.

7E9170A4-D25C-4A96-9F87-C62461040730.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Ivsetti said:

I do hope Thorpe management have thought about replacements for rides that look like they're nearing the ends of their lifespans and considered replacements especially given the lack of space for expansion

Thorpe actually have lots of room for expansion. They've got the island behind Swarm/Stealth just sitting there waiting. The Shark Hotel area was once earmarked as a place for an attraction, and if they ever build the proper hotel on the other side of the lake, they can use that. They've then got the Loggers site, Slammer site, the bit next to Jungle Escape, etc as all dead areas which they could work on before going for out and out replacements.

Of course, there's plenty of rides which will need replacing sooner rather than later, but the park aren't really short on space.

3 minutes ago, Ivsetti said:

Rides to me when I go on them/ walk past them that look like they'll kick the bucket in the next few years are:

• Tidal Wave

And lastly Colossus and Rush look like they may not survive the next decade.

Curious why you think Tidal Wave and Rush? Tidal Wave is fine really; can't think of anything wrong with it? And Rush is like any other Screaming Swing when it comes to reliability, but again, seems fine!

Colossus needs major work tbh. I expect when the time comes, that'll be cheaper than a replacement, so they'll likely opt for that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Ivsetti said:

Congrats Thorpe it's open. About a few weeks before you have to completely take it apart again 🙄

Surely this is something that should be commended, not ridiculed?

With less than a month to go, it would be easier for them to cut their losses and not bother with it than to actually reopen it. Of course, the fact it's taken so long to end up open (bar the couple of hours in summer before it died) is a concern, but the fact they've opened it now is something.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Considering they opened it for the last few days of last season I wouldn’t rule it out Until next year, but I must admit it isn’t looking hopeful. It had queues of up to 50/60 mins this summer which is absolutely crazy! Even though the cycle was a lot tamer this season, I really hope quantum is back up and running ASAP