Instruments

TimR

I don't actually play an instrument, but I do a little bit now and then. I tend to go for the more whimsical instruments:KazooHarmonica Accordian (I blame my teacher in year 3, he had one)Finger drumsXylophone :D

Nice! Prety original too.People who play the piano are well unoriginal, its so common to like play the piano

TPAddict, I think you are well out of order in your last post. It's up to people what they want to play, it's up to them if they find it comfortable and enjoyable to play the instrument they chose.Any more pointless/rude posts from you and you shall be out of here for a while.Anyway, back on topic. I used to play the recorder at primary school and the keyboard in secondary. I stopped playing the recorder when I left primary and only played the keyboard for around 3 years. I am not very musically minded and talented.

Nice! Prety original too.People who play the piano are well unoriginal, its so common to like play the piano

And what the hell instrument do you play? Don't criticise people if you don't know how to and have no ground to stand on! I'm also guessing everyone who plays guitars, drums and everything along those lines are well unoriginal? Yes I agree its nice to see someone playing a more "original" if you like instrument but as people have said above me these instruments are popular because people like them.

To be honest I fail to understand how playing a certain instrument can be unoriginal. Maybe what you play is unoriginal, but otherwise that comment is ridiculous. You can play any style on any instrument tbh, just some are more suited for the job than others. I think it's a shame that so many people are put off playing instruments by teachers etc forcing it upon them. My dad used to always play, and therefore he started to teach me. It always ended in stupid arguments because thats how it goes when your parents try and teach you something when your small, but from that I managed to get lessons and play without the encouragement of others. It's a nice thing to do though, just sit down and play some music that you really like.

I've never really liked piano that much to be honest - the best keyboard instrument has gotta be the harpsichord :) - but that's still no reason to call it unoriginal. I'd say that people who play electric guitar are more 'unoriginal', I reckon, but then I play electric guitar. The reason I picked it up wasn't because it was what everyone else was playing, it was because I was starting to get into bands like AC/DC and Kiss, and the guitar was what enabled me to play along to those songs.Anyway yeah I've been playing guitar for about 5/6 years now. I mainly write my own stuff but when necessity calls for it (for example A level performance), I learn covers as well.