Guest Services And Ride Access Passes

subculturehero

I know exactly what you mean, I wasn't gonna go tomorrow but now I am.. just to use that pass.

So now you are going again? :).Mine says it runs out on April 4th, so tomorrow will be be the last chance I have to use mine (last visit I have in that time anyway).

• 1 year later...

The disabled pass system could be improved imo, I swear me and whoever I'm with spend half the day walking around in big circles to a ride not on the list.I think they should take a couple of rides off it like Zodiac or Loggers Leap, especially Loggers as most of my friends hate Slammer and it's the only decent thing not on "the list" at that end of the park.I know I'm lucky that there even is a thing in place for people who have trouble queueing, but it's a pain in the ass walking from one end of the park all day.I miss the good old days when I could just work my way around the park without having to wait a queue time to get on anothe ride. Stupid non-disabled people and your green-eyed complaints ;)

I aggree, how inconvinient for you that they put most of the rides with big queues on the list. ;) I think It's generous that they have made any of the rides so you can skip the queue without having to wait any time at all between rides.

I wasn't being all that serious, just one or two less rides on the list would be nice as they seem to add another ride to it every year! (Like Zodiac & Samurai, which have both recently been added to the list)

I've heard theyre making changes to the amount of people you can take with you on the rides... think much lower :D

You can only take 3 people on the rides with you anyway, so I don't see how it could be "much lower"...

I wasn't being all that serious, just one or two less rides on the list would be nice as they seem to add another ride to it every year! (Like Zodiac & Samurai, which have both recently been added to the list)

But then that is unfair on non-disabled people. We don't get to skip the queue on any of the rides, so why shouldn't all the rides be included on the list?

But then that is unfair on non-disabled people. We don't get to skip the queue on any of the rides, so why shouldn't all the rides be included on the list?

The system isn't there fortunately just to make the park look good - it's there to benefit those who genuinely need to use it. I'd go into the details of how and why people do need it, but that'd be a bit out of place unless you use/have used the system before.

so why shouldn't all the rides be included on the list?

Because we would then spend half the day sitting around waiting to get on another ride, bored. And you could say "Yeah but we have to be stood in queues just as bored" but it's not our fault we can't queue, is it. We deserve special treatment ;):D

We deserve special treatment ;):D

Treatment that you already get through exit passes... So what if you have a time limit on them? It's to stop abuse... Quite simple... Tough taters if you sit there bored... Least you're sitting whilst waiting...Go to Chessie, least the majority of rides there you don't have to wait for... Only the major ones require a wait...

And you could say "Yeah but we have to be stood in queues just as bored" but it's not our fault we can't queue, is it. We deserve special treatment :D:D

First time you made the "we deserve special treatment" comment it was kinda funny, now it just seems smug. ;) And the reasons you listed are exactly the reasons the parks added the ride access pass in the first place. The old system was ridiculous with disabled riders waltzing onto every single ride, getting ride counts into the 40's whilst the guests in the queue line were lucky to get on 5 rides in the whole day because the disabled guests and their carers didn't know when to stop...I do agree however that Zodiac should be taken off the list. Seems an odd choice ride to put on there anyway. What rides are on the card out of interest..

Yeah, Kind of already said I was wrong.As far as I can remember rides on the list are:StealthColossusNemesis InfernoDetonatorRushLoggers LeapTidal WaveSamuraiSAW (The Ride & The Maze)VortexAnd ZodiacPlus I'm guessing Storm Surge will be included this year...I may have missed one or two...

I've got a couple of RAPs at hand; though I think think is a 2009 one. Anyway, the list is:StealthColossusNemesis InfernoDetonator RushLoggers LeapTidal WaveSamuraiSaw - The RideVortexI'd say that list is pretty fair. Only used the RAP once last year so can't remember any changes. Personally, I wouldn't have Vortex on the list, but hey-ho. Only reason would be it's another ride to have if say you're stuck waiting for 90 minutes after going on Saw or something. I wouldn't be surprised at the addition Storm Surge this season, but afterwards, having it on would be a bit silly. I think the way the system works is reasonable and fair. I do believe the criteria for what entitles you to a RAP was made stricter last season too, so all is good ;)

Yeah they did make it stricter, I had to pay £10 for a doctors letter saying I couldn't stand for long periods of time. And my doctor had such an attitude about it, like I was wasting his time or something - posh numpty ;) Only I'm not sure if I have to bring the letter again this year or get another one, I don't want to turn up and be told no. Does anyone know?

Yeah they did make it stricter, I had to pay £10 for a doctors letter saying I couldn't stand for long periods of time. And my doctor had such an attitude about it, like I was wasting his time or something - posh numpty ;) Only I'm not sure if I have to bring the letter again this year or get another one, I don't want to turn up and be told no. Does anyone know?

I shouldn't think so. If you've been a couple of times, you should have been put on their system by now as a 'registered disabled person' or something like that, which stays on each season (unless you don't go for ages I spose). I would take the note you got for last season though just in case. My nan's been on there since about 2007 and hasn't had to bring a doctor's note in at the beginning of each season. My mum's even on there after she was given a disabled pass back in 2004 or 2005 (basically, when they'd give one at to anyone... :D) and could probably 'get away' with getting a RAP...

The system isn't there fortunately just to make the park look good - it's there to benefit those who genuinely need to use it. I'd go into the details of how and why people do need it, but that'd be a bit out of place unless you use/have used the system before.

I understand why the system is there. Its a perfectly acceptable thing. What I mean is that it shouldn't be used to increase the ride count they can get during the day more than someone who has had to queue up for the rides.