Guest Services And Ride Access Passes

subculturehero

Just wondering if anyone's got any experience with how long Guest Services take to respond to letters? I ask because I went to Thorpe on the 15th (when there was a powercut and a lot of stuff was down), didn't see that free tickets were being given out, and so wrote a letter shortly afterwards to request compensation (I enclosed my ticket from the day so I assume there's no reason why they wouldn't send free tickets). I sent it last Monday second class, so I'm assuming it's got there; my friends and I were planning on returning this Sunday though, so what d'you reckon the chances are of our free tickets being sent to us by Sunday?Cheers if anyone can help me out.

Just wondering if anyone's got any experience with how long Guest Services take to respond to letters? I ask because I went to Thorpe on the 15th (when there was a powercut and a lot of stuff was down), didn't see that free tickets were being given out, and so wrote a letter shortly afterwards to request compensation (I enclosed my ticket from the day so I assume there's no reason why they wouldn't send free tickets). I sent it last Monday second class, so I'm assuming it's got there; my friends and I were planning on returning this Sunday though, so what d'you reckon the chances are of our free tickets being sent to us by Sunday?Cheers if anyone can help me out.

Free Tickets were being given out, you had to collect them from the ticket collection tills :D.

Just to add to what Dan said, you did have to collect them from the kiosks but you had to exchange your entrance ticket in order to get a free ticket. You probably won't recieve free tickets at this stage which is a bummer, and just to make it worse they now have your proof of entry.

Oh also I took a photocopy and scan of my ticket just in case it got lost or anything. And I did send the letter the day after I went, so I don't see why it'd be too late now?PS apologies for the double post

I think the idea was that the "free ticket" compensation part was for guests to collect on the day. I have no idea what or when Thorpe Park will reply to you, but I would just advise you not to get your hopes up.

I'm quite annoyed :P I booked my ticket last night at about 9:00pm yesterday and chose the print at home option, and they said in the confirmation it would take up to two hours for me to get my email so I can print my ticket.HMMM ITS ALMOST 7:00AM IN THE MORNING THE NEXT DAY AND I STILL HAVNT RECIEVED MY EMAIL.And I definitaly know I paid for the ticket BECAUSE I got an email from Barclays telling my how much I spent in total, the date I spent it and my log in details blah blah blah.So I left a message on the guest services number and I'm going to call the call centre tonight if I still havnt recieved my email. :) Absolutely bloody ridiculous! :P

I personally think Thorpe were a bit sneaky about this one.I was there that day, and they made no attempt to tell anyone about the free re-enrty thing - so many people were walking off without - as I almost did. If the giant queue wasn't there I wouldn't have noticed.Bad Thorpe!

Signs in guest services, PA announcements, Staff telling you. What more do you want?

Signs in guest services, PA announcements, Staff telling you. What more do you want?

Firstly, maybe my fault but I'm not actually sure where guest services is. Secondly, I heard no PA announcements. And lastly, perhaps the worst of the three, there were actually staff on the exit as we left (just across the bridge) and they were saying nothing, except maybe 'bye' every so often. I really don't think it was done very well - fair play to them for giving compensation, they could have just let people walk away, but I still think it could have been advertised much more clearly.

I got my email :P Butttttttt! My Dad rang thorpe park and asked if he paid an extra £40.50 could I upgrade my ticket for an annual pass! :) Thorpe said that if I brought the extra money and a passport sized picture on sunday to the advanced ticket collection I can upgrade my ticket to an annual pass :P I'm kind of worried though, I think I might print the ticket off ANYWAY so if there are any "cock ups" I'll be sorted ticket-wise, BUT I'm worried if I print my ticket off and bring a printed copy of my reference to the advanced ticket collection on Sunday they will turn around and say that I cant upgrade it even though I have the extra £40.50 BECAUSE I printed the ticket off :P

Just an update on my situation:A shiny new free ticket arrived today, but on the letter it says 'you'll be able to use your ticket in May or June'. On the ticket itself, it says 'COMP MAY TO JUNE', but it also says 'Valid 12/2/09'. Does this mean it's only valid in May or June, or does it mean it has to be used by the end of June? The '12/2/09' is the bit that confused me.