Guest Services And Ride Access Passes

subculturehero

Guest Services is simply there to "Re-instate the magic that has been lost in peoples visit" alot of the time it does manage to do so, alot of the time (more so) it unfortunately gets abused by people. Sometimes, ride enthusiasts do this.I used to work in Guest Services (Not at Thorpe Park) and it genuinly dissapointed me when people would try to gain Exit Passes / Disabled Passes infront of those who geniuinly needed and deserved to have these benefits. The park, is not at all obliged to give any compensation / exit passes / disabled passes and guest services does not HAVE to be there. The department is there for the benefits of the guests.

Didn't realise thorpe only had particular rides on their list - now thats interesting.As for the other parks, as far as I know (for it may have changed since).Legoland - is purely for those with autism or mental health issues, so that they'd disrupt other guests in the queue. All queues are designed to take wheelchairs, so they do not get passes. The very few which cannot accomodate wheelchairs can use the exit! Though, like all systems, needs to be looked at.Chessington - had a timed based system so you couldn't ride another ride until that time. However that was only for main rides, any other they could just join it.Alton Towers - just has wristbands, each ride has an hour (or current queue time) to it, so they shouldn't be able to just reuse instantly, but can go on any ride.It's up to each individual park, and how they cope with the systems tbf. I think they should be there to improve peoples days, particularly if a queue has not been designed to be wheelchair friendly. But, it park adjusts it and tries to make it work, so hey ho!

I think its all fair thorpe park giving disabled people access to the rides but its completely unfair when its 1 disabled person and 6 of the rest of the family! Thats simply not fair! you only need 1 or 2 people to look after a disabled person! They do need to sort this out! If they have made it stricter this year I will be very happy!

I think its all fair thorpe park giving disabled people access to the rides but its completely unfair when its 1 disabled person and 6 of the rest of the family! Thats simply not fair! you only need 1 or 2 people to look after a disabled person! They do need to sort this out! If they have made it stricter this year I will be very happy!

Take a look at this please.Clearly states maximum of 4 guests on any ride, with the exception of Rumba.

Thanks for that, Mind you taking up a whole row on samurai is stupid considering the long queues its suffers thanks to fastrack and low capacity! Would not most people agree that only 1 person needs to look after a disabled person except if the ride needs more than 1 person to help them on? all fair the group wishing to stay together but they could always wait untill the rest of the group has queued normally! :)

The disabled policy, at Alton Towers at least, is not generally designed for people to avoid waiting. It's designed to improve access to the ride.Unsure on Thorpe, but AT's policy is getting much stricter for 2011 as on some rides, such as Sonic Spinball, it was becoming a farce last year.I have never found Thorpe quite so bad with regards to disabled guests using the exit, fastrack is another matter entirely, though.

• 8 months later...

Can people suffering with Epilepsy get a disabled pass at Thorpe? I'm asking for a close friend who is planning a trip but worried about having a seizure in the queue's.To clarify she doesn't have full blown seizures, I can't remember the actual name but I hope she can get it because she would feel incredibly uncomfortable queuing. And yes I did read the Disabled Guide, it wasn't much help... :rolleyes:

Lewish: As far as I am aware, your Epilepsy friend can not ride any of the rules due to health and safety guidelines. I was in the same boat as you about 2 years ago, where my partner had epilepsy and they advised us not to come to the park and that if they we did then it would be highly likely we wouldn't be able to go on any of the rides.