Mr Monkey's Banana Ride

themeparkmad

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That signs been there since inferno opened I believe. So, that's why it mentions the area.I have never understood why it exists though. It's like having a sign outside of thirteen reminding people to ride Nemesis. Surely they know that coaster exists as well?!

I think the sign was there to discourage some of the more "vocal" thrillseekers from going on the more family orientated attractions. You have to remember that the park was going through a transition period of being a family park to a thrill park, it's not until very recently that Thorpe cemented themselves as a true thrillseeker's park. I bet even now, there are still people who think Thorpe is more for families.It takes a long time to change a culture and to change a reputation. I would imagine with the higher proportion of teenagers and young adults they would want to try and keep the family rides relatively trouble free, if you catch my drift.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

So I saw someone started the topic about Chief Rangers Carousel going but do remember Mr. Monkey's Banana Ride is leaving too. I never got to ride it myself :(

To my knowledge, Mr. Monkey's is not leaving!

The plans for the new dark ride don't interrupt MM at all, and (unless I've missed something) the park haven't said it's leaving. :)

To my knowledge, Mr. Monkey's is not leaving!

The plans for the new dark ride don't interrupt MM at all, and (unless I've missed something) the park haven't said it's leaving. :)

"Thorpe Park has begun work on a large development – a new attraction set to open in 2016.

The development will see the closure of Studio 13, the Arena, Mr Monkey’s Banana Ride, Chief Ranger’s Carousel, Calypso BBQ, and the Nemesis Inferno shop. Whether the Ranger County attractions will reopen in other areas of the park is currently unknown, although Studio 13 will probably be located elsewhere in 2015."

Got this from TPG a while back.Might be wrong though.