Mr Monkey's Banana Ride

themeparkmad

"Thorpe Park has begun work on a large development – a new attraction set to open in 2016.

The development will see the closure of Studio 13, the Arena, Mr Monkey’s Banana Ride, Chief Ranger’s Carousel, Calypso BBQ, and the Nemesis Inferno shop. Whether the Ranger County attractions will reopen in other areas of the park is currently unknown, although Studio 13 will probably be located elsewhere in 2015."

Got this from TPG a while back.Might be wrong though.

Surely that's gonna make the park far more irritating to navigate because it blocks off that entire walk way meankng you'd have to walk all the way around past X, storm surge, rush, Colossus, slammer if you wanted to get from inferno to loggers? Also losing the arena and studio 13 building this would give limited space for attractions for their already ridiculously busy fright nights?

"Thorpe Park has begun work on a large development – a new attraction set to open in 2016.

The development will see the closure of Studio 13, the Arena, Mr Monkey’s Banana Ride, Chief Ranger’s Carousel, Calypso BBQ, and the Nemesis Inferno shop. Whether the Ranger County attractions will reopen in other areas of the park is currently unknown, although Studio 13 will probably be located elsewhere in 2015."

Surely that's gonna make the park far more irritating to navigate because it blocks off that entire walk way meankng you'd have to walk all the way around past X, storm surge, rush, Colossus, slammer if you wanted to get from inferno to loggers? Also losing the arena and studio 13 building this would give limited space for attractions for their already ridiculously busy fright nights?

That quote is utter balls caused by a (notoriously unreliable) site simply making stuff up based on snippets that are rumoured and pretending it is in some way 'news', which then gets repeated elsewhere. So no need to worry about those things being a problem! Apart from the arena bit, but that really isn't a problem - there are tonnes of places to dump a tent.

• 2 years later...

I reckon with Thorpe wanting to include families more now (as seen in particular with the addition of Timber Tug and Lumber Jump), Banana Ride is pretty safe.  Mechanically speaking, the ride is simple and well looked after, so there's no real reason for it to be removed.  So it'll be around for a good while yet.

That's amazing! I don't think I've been to Thorpe unless I went as a baby my mums not sure if I did or not. But my Mum my cousin whose now 25 along with my grandparents went Pryor to my birth. My said that the Bannaboat ride made her feel quite sick and her stomach flipped inside her is this ride really this fast or was it about the late 90s early 200s era. Glad to hear it's staying and not being removed like the rest of Ranger County.

Considering Mr Monkeys is the only Ranger themed ride left it would be a shame if it left the park.

On 24 September 2017 at 7:34 PM, Theme park Fanantic said:

That's amazing! I don't think I've been to Thorpe unless I went as a baby my mums not sure if I did or not. But my Mum my cousin whose now 25 along with my grandparents went Pryor to my birth. My said that the Bannaboat ride made her feel quite sick and her stomach flipped inside her is this ride really this fast or was it about the late 90s early 200s era. Glad to hear it's staying and not being removed like the rest of Ranger County.

It used to make me feel a bit dodgy but I suffer with pretty bad motion sickness (have to take medication when I go to a theme park). It's not actually that bad and is tiny when you compare it to Black Buccaneer at Chessington.

• 5 years later...