Closed Rides

Ash

Double post - the anarchy!!!Loggers Leap was down all the time I was here today (probably was down all day). Some work was being done near the top of the main lift it would seem. Rumba Rapids and Stealth opened a bit late, with bits of work happening on Stealth early morning. Swarm and Tidal Wave had a couple of little blips too; they both got stopped on the lift hill a couple of times during the day. Didn't last longer than 5 or so minutes, which is good of course! :wub:

Hmm, doesn't seem to be a great start to the season. On my Friday/Saturday trips last week, Rush was closed both days (obviously), Slammer was closed all Friday, Tidal Wave was down for about 90 minutes, Swarm broke down multiple times, as did Saw, Stealth and Samurai. Colossus on the other day was fine both days! :wub:

I think minor Swarm issues should be expected for the first month or so in fairness. I'm not defending any breakdowns, but little blips will happen. I think that, bar Rush, the season has started off relatively smoothly, and hopefully the general reliability will improve in the next couple of weeks.. :wub:

I think minor Swarm issues should be expected for the first month or so in fairness. I'm not defending any breakdowns, but little blips will happen. I think that, bar Rush, the season has started off relatively smoothly, and hopefully the general reliability will improve in the next couple of weeks.. :wub:

This is actually a good start for a thorpe park season. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Nope, it reopened today with 20 cars.

Is this true or sarcasm?

I will assume sarcasm because there has been a new permanaent looking fence placed around the outside of the ride (could mean work going on) and now the path has been re-fenced could this be for future use?

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

As long as the ride is not deemed to be too much of a drain on park resources then it will remain at the park. It is ironic that ride which wasn't built as a prototype is the ride which has struggled most with downtime. Does anyone know if the Sky Swat in the USA ever suffered from this amount of reliability problems?

I wonder what 6 flags would pay Thorpe for ours to ship over and break for parts? They must be quite pricey bits if the ride is not in production.

I hope they can fix it, it's not my favourite ride by a long shot but it's great having something quite unique so near by.

I think I've asked this before and no one really knew, but these extended periods of downtime. Are they the same thing over and over, or is different parts packing up each time?