Closed Rides

Ash

On park today, operations are dismal. Park opening advertised as 9:30am, yet Slammer, Loggers' Leap, Rocky Express, Rumba Rapids all on staggered opening (not opening until 11 - an hour and a half after the park opens!), Rush closed until gone 10:30am, Colossus closed (and still is), Loggers still isn't open despite the fact that it should have opened half an hour ago, Tidal Wave is closed and Samurai still sitting in pieces. The Swarm also opened late.

To add, X on just two trains!

It's no surprise that they aren't getting as many guests in as usual with this service, it's shockingly bad.

• 2 months later...

I assume Stealth is closed to start maintenance early so that it can open in Feburary again next year.

Slammer hasn't yet opened today and it also says on Thorpes website that is closed for this season. However, it doesn't say 'and will be returning in 2016' like Stealth does. 

Sometimes you have to realise that getting the last train of the year on Stealth is, in the nicest way possible, a really ridiculous thing to care about even by enthusiast standards.

No it's not, and the annoying thing is that they didn't give any notice for this closure, it's more the fact that I wanted to go on it this weekend rather than the last train.

What about people who booked for this week/weekend before it was announced?

Actually I'm really glad Stealth is closed, best decision Thorpe have made all year! Yippee for closed rides!!

You're more than welcome to moan as much as you like (which you do on a constant basis), I just think people get a bit confused when you continuously visit the parks, and then buy a pass for next year.

I GOT THE FIRST SWARMY TRAIN OF THE YEAR!

see no one cares.

Anyways, based on usual things Stealth is often the worse for long breakdowns at Thorpe [coaster wise] and hopefully lots of work can be done on the ride to get it ready for it's tenth anniversary [Wow]. Hopefully the offending part is nothing to serious as I hear if some parts of Stealthy fail, she could be down for a year.

I assume Stealth is closed to start maintenance early so that it can open in Feburary again next year.

As far as I'm aware there's not going to be a FHT next year. At least for Thorpe.

TBH I doubt many people will be visiting Thorpe now with Fright Nights over and the weather getting now, probs just mostly fans,locals and those with time off to visit probably now.

Actually I'm really glad Stealth is closed, best decision Thorpe have made all year! Yippee for closed rides!!

You didn't pass any praise or well done to Thorpe when they got Slammer reopened (at least, not publicly on TPM), especially when they announced it was to be closed for the rest of the season, so I can only deduce you're on this forum to whine and moan when anything goes wrong. 

You didn't pass any praise or well done to Thorpe when they got Slammer reopened (at least, not publicly on TPM), especially when they announced it was to be closed for the rest of the season, so I can only deduce you're on this forum to whine and moan when anything goes wrong.

Well maybe you shouldn't make assumptions then.

As it happens, I was away on holiday when Slammer reopened so was not actually aware of it.

Also just to add, rides should be open anyway so I don't see much to praise - but as said, I was away so wasn't actually aware that it was reopen.

As it happens, I was away on holiday when Slammer reopened so was not actually aware of it.

Also just to add, rides should be open anyway so I don't see much to praise - but as said, I was away so wasn't actually aware that it was reopen.

You mean like assuming that Thorpe have closed Stealth to annoy you?

'Tidal Waves broken its lift chain'

SHOULD BE OPEN ANYWAY, EVEN IF THE BOATS CANT GET TO THE TOP

'Fury's stalled'

SHOULD BE OPEN ANYWAY, EVEN IF IT MEANS CARS GET STUCK AT THE BLOCKS

'Hulk has had the majority of its track removed for a massive refurbishment'

IT SHOULD BE OPEN ANYWAY, EVEN IF THERE IS NO TRACK FOR THE TRAIN TO GO ALONG

Do you know how stupid, 'it should be open' sounds? We don't know why Stealth is closed, it might reopen in a few days time, in the same way that Slammer was supposed to be out for the rest of the year. 

You also praised Drayton for extending their opening hours, I'd just like to add Thorpe did this on Saturday as well. :)