Closed Rides

Ash

I'll take Swarm being open over Slammer. Weird how there was a video a week ago of Swarm running but you never know what crops up in staff training and ride testing.

Just not sure if it's worth the journey this Sunday or wait a week for better availability.

Anyone know if Inferno will have it's usual track 'rust' dripping issues? Just in rain at start of season?

Really not good to have two major coasters down. Why are they failing to have rides ready for pass days nowadays? I remember visiting Annual Pass days in the past and everything was open (there were a few breakdowns but that's to be expected on the first public day).

It's a preview day which they don't have to do - just don't go and wait till open day :)

I think Merlin need to be clearer that these AP days are *PREVIEW* days, so it is possible that a full line up won't happen, because they are finishing off for the main season, which is when there should be a full line up. That way, people understand everything and shouldn't need to complain.

I think most people here understand / appreciate these should be seen as previews and a bonus for AP holders.

"The rides we have available for you are Stealth, I’m a Celebrity…Maze, SAW – The Ride, Nemesis Inferno, Vortex, Quantum, Tidal Wave, Depth Charge, Flying Fish, Storm Surge, Slammer, Zodiac, Storm in a Teacup, Mr Monkey’s Banana Ride, Rumba Rapids, Rocky Express, Detonator: Bombs Away, King Pig’s Wild Hog Dodgems and the ANGRY BIRDS 4D Experience. Please note Colossus, THE SWARM and Rush will be open from March 17th when we officially open for the 2016 season. So make sure to visit again soon to experience these thrilling rides"

No mention of X or Samurai.

Samurai and X appear on the ride page, whereas Loggers does not. So I think it's fair to assume they will be opening for 2016.

Hopefully that is the case, but I'm not so sure as several of the rides rumoured to be closed at Alton are still on the website.

I just can't see any reason for them not being mentioned when Colossus, Swarm and Rush were, unless they will be late opening in 2016?

I'm so slow I didn't even notice that X or Samurai weren't listed in the email regarding AP day. Disappointing that Swarm, Colossus and Rush won't be available but nice surprise about Slammer. Not sure I will visit Sunday - may as well just wait an extra week.

The staff guy I spoke to during Feb half term last year dropped a clanger by referring to AP day as 'the staff training weekend' lol

I sort of think they should rename AP day as rehearsal day (or something similar). So that people who visit know that it is (obviously) the start of the season and that there will be a lot of new staff members working on rides for the first time. Of course some rides aren't going to be available or ready which is disappointing but I wonder how many complaints they will get regarding ride availability/slow operations. Just a thought

Hopefully that is the case, but I'm not so sure as several of the rides rumoured to be closed at Alton are still on the website.

I just can't see any reason for them not being mentioned when Colossus, Swarm and Rush were, unless they will be late opening in 2016?

The difference in this situation is that there's been no reliable source for Samurai and X being closed.  It's possible that they were just missed off / they're not certain even way.  

They are definitely set to return for the 2016 season though.

EDIT:  X will be open this weekend...