Closed Rides

Ash

Not sure what was going on in the station today but there was a speaker opposite the door just blaring out constant bass so loud it was actually a bit painful on the ears :o

Also music inside the pyramid was different to that in the queue, and for us just seemed to be a constant drum and bass beat, no actual song to it... And the two speakers on opposite sides of the pyramid were out of sync :(

Stealth was having big problems with the traction wheels as someone has already mentioned, the train kept getting stuck coming into the unload platform.

One train operation using train one then this was taken off and replaced with the re painted train two but the same problem persisted. I think I saw train three out as well in the morning so they all got a run out today!

The original plan was that if a train had a problem the 3rd train could be used so 2 train operation was always possible. However when Merlin took over this was no longer the case and they made it so one was always in strip down while the other 2 were useable so over the winter they wouldn't have to strip 3 trains.

Giving out priority passes valid for the rest of the season to a few thousand guests will make very little difference atall.. Unless they all turn up on the same day!

But this is a cumulative thing, they dish them out like confetti for all manor of complaints, and then the whole system collapses under the weight of fastrack and no one is happy.

I don't see a problem with them handing out priority passes this weekend. There were 5 rides due to be closed, so they have given each person (not everyone got a letter though) a letter worth 5 priority passes for each of the closed rides. Also like Marc said, they can be used all year round, if they were only valid on one day then yes you could say there'd be a problem. 

A lot of people were renewing their passes yesterday. So by handing out priority passes at the beginning of the day, and admitting their mistakes/apologizing for rides being closed, they are potentially saving customers who would be put off from renewing after yesterday.

Regarding them dishing out priority passes, wasn't it said that they've been a lot stricter on this in the past season?

When did it become acceptable for the park to not be ready on opening day?

Breakdowns and rides opening late on opening day is expected, but to have two major coasters and a support flat closed alongside a high-throughput water ride (closed all year) when the park is supposed to be fully open to the paying public is not good.

I'm sure these issues have increased in the last two years - I don't remember there being major coasters down for opening day in the past few years (2015 excluded), but maybe they were?

I know that, the comment about it being unacceptable isn't in response to anyone on here, it's just a comment on how standards of what the park sees as acceptable have seemingly slipped in the last two years.

I'm glad you're letting us all know how unacceptable it is just in case there was some that thought it was fine.

The fact that the park were issuing out letters with compensation at the weekend for the closed rides at the weekend would suggests to me that they do not find it acceptable either and obviously want them open too.

I don't consider Fastrack vouchers to be adequate compensation for people who have gone out of their way to visit the park, but I do get your point.

I had hoped the park (or Merlin depending on who it comes down to) would have tried to overcome the early-season ride availability issues of last year, but it seems that things have got worse with two major coasters down.