Closed Rides

Ash

Saw, Slammer, Samurai and Loggers Leap closed today.  Rush and Rumba Rapids opened late, Colossus was going round empty at one point and lots of people were coming out of X when walking past - so maybe a breakdown.

Bit of a shambles to be honest, and all other coasters were on one train (apart from X on two) which made queues longer than they should have been.

10 minutes ago, Coaster Jamie said:

Saw, Slammer, Samurai and Loggers Leap closed today.  Rush and Rumba Rapids opened late, Colossus was going round empty at one point and lots of people were coming out of X when walking past - so maybe a breakdown.

Bit of a shambles to be honest, and all other coasters were on one train (apart from X on two) which made queues longer than they should have been.

Not sure why you're mentioning Samurai and Loggers. Loggers is out for the year and Samurai as we all know is due to be back this Summer. 

Mentioning loggers and samurai is the equivalent of me going to Alton Towers and writing a trip report about how unacceptable it was that 6 rides were closed on my visit even though I knew they would be closed beforehand.

And again, if the operations are so bad then stop going please, or stop moaning about it here

Edit:  Also love the need to mention seeing rides potentially broken down clearly without it affecting you I.e. Colossus' empty train could have been due to guest sickness, or addition of the second train etc etc, and X you have no idea.  The necessity to 'call out' the park on their operations is just beyond tiresome and is of no benefit to anyone

Edited by Tommy
Lol

Why do you always moan at Jamie? It's pretty pathetic. It's like you pick on him for no reason other than the fact that he's Coaster Jamie. 

You're having a go at him for stating that rides are closed. Yes, we know that they are closed but what is he doing that merits members having a go at him?

Thank you Jamie, for simply informing us about which rides were closed today. You did not need to take your time to provide us with valued information, however you did. So thank you.

7 minutes ago, CharlieN said:

Why do you always moan at Jamie? It's pretty pathetic. It's like you pick on him for no reason other than the fact that he's Coaster Jamie. 

You're having a go at him for stating that rides are closed. Yes, we know that they are closed but what is he doing that merits members having a go at him?

Thank you Jamie, for simply informing us about which rides were closed today. You did not need to take your time to provide us with valued information, however you did. So thank you.

It's not valued information, we have all known for ages that Samurai and Loggers Leap is closed. If it's so valuable to you I will write it in a post in this topic every day if you'd like?

47 minutes ago, Coaster Jamie said:

So? Still four rides that are closed.

Exact thoughts of this:

anigif_enhanced-26748-1412876699-3.gif?w

Isn't it a little far-fetched to be moaning about four rides that are closed - two of which as you should've known from the start of the season are closed for either maintenance or redevelopment? Yes it's four rides but I mean come on.

7 minutes ago, Ryan said:

It's not valued information, we have all known for ages that Samurai and Loggers Leap is closed. If it's so valuable to you I will write it in a post in this topic every day if you'd like?

Yes the information was valued as I was not just talking about Loggers and Samurai but talking about the post as a whole. Jamie didn't just talk about these 2 rides either, this information was embedded by information that I valued.

So, why not say it? Providing extra information (even if it is known) doesn't hinder anything. Whilst it may not help it certainly doesn't hinder, so complaining about something so small is ridiculous. Hence my point that I find that on this site, certain members try and have a go at Jamie for no apparent reason.

21 minutes ago, CharlieN said:

I have no problem with being informed what rides were closed today as this is the closed rides topic, however mentioning that X may have suffered a break-down, some rides opened late, and he saw one empty train on Colossus does not provide us with the information on closed rides

As you can see, the point of the post was not to 'inform us about which rides were closed today' but make yet another dig at park operations

1 hour ago, CharlieN said:

So, why not say it? Providing extra information (even if it is known) doesn't hinder anything. Whilst it may not help it certainly doesn't hinder, so complaining about something so small is ridiculous. Hence my point that I find that on this site, certain members try and have a go at Jamie for no apparent reason.

Because it's not so much the information we are getting, its the use of the word shambles or unacceptable. Using Samurai and Loggers on the list of closed rides is to persue an agenda, to back up his viewpoint of the park being a shambles. He can have that opinion, but it's not like the facts of the situation are going to be important when someone just wants to be negative. It doesn't provide relevance because we know Loggers is out all season and we know the intention that Samurai will open later in the year. 

The purpose of my post was, as the topic title suggests, to list the rides that were closed today and give a brief overview of the operations.  The fact that some rides are closed for the year/until the summer is irrelevant, they were closed today, therefore they were listed.

The use of the term shambles was referring to a combination of different factors - rides closed and one train operation on the rest.  However, I kept the post as short and to the point as possible, there was plenty more that I could have mentioned but decided to just list the basics.

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

and he saw one empty train on Colossus does not provide us with the information on closed rides

I'm not going to respond to individual comments with this as simply, I think that some of the responses are petty and there are better uses of my time.  However, the bold section of this particular post is wrong - I saw Colossus go round empty three times whilst in the queue for Rush, not once.

4 hours ago, Coaster Jamie said:

2 minutes ago, Coaster Jamie said:

The purpose of my post was, as the topic title suggests, to list the rides that were closed today and give a brief overview of the operations.  The fact that some rides are closed for the year/until the summer is irrelevant, they were closed today, therefore they were listed.

The use of the term shambles was referring to a combination of different factors - rides closed and one train operation on the rest.  However, I kept the post as short and to the point as possible, there was plenty more that I could have mentioned but decided to just list the basics.

I'm not going to respond to individual comments with this as simply, I think that some of the responses are petty and there are better uses of my time.  However, the bold section of this particular post is wrong - I saw Colossus go round empty three times whilst in the queue for Rush, not once.

Your original post is ambiguous, so you can hardly call me out on that

You're ignoring the entire point of the comments from myself, Ryan, and Mark - By repeating the same complaints time and time again you add nothing to the topic; we know that Logger's Leap and Samurai are closed, so it is not an informative post and starts turning into spam post

Your post is better suited to the Park Operations topic where you usually dismiss park operations as a shambles/completely unacceptable

13 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Your original post is ambiguous, so you can hardly call me out on that

You're ignoring the entire point of the comments from myself, Ryan, and Mark - By repeating the same complaints time and time again you add nothing to the topic; we know that Logger's Leap and Samurai are closed, so it is not an informative post and starts turning into spam post

Your post is better suited to the Park Operations topic where you usually dismiss park operations as a shambles/completely unacceptable

Maybe you shouldn't have assumed that I only meant one train.

I really don't see what the issue is.  I wrote a short post highlighting the rides that were closed today, and that the other coasters were on one train.  If I had rambled on about CCR, Saw Alive, and whatever else is sat collecting dust, as well as the fact that the whole of Canada Creek looks like a ghost town, maybe I would see the issue.  But a simple "this, this, this and this were closed today" post with an opinion expressed on the overall operations (which closed rides are a part of) is hardly "spam."

1 minute ago, Coaster Jamie said:

I really don't see what the issue is.  I wrote a short post highlighting the rides that were closed today, and that the other coasters were on one train.  If I had rambled on about CCR, Saw Alive, and whatever else is sat collecting dust, maybe I would see the issue.  But a simple "this, this, this and this were closed today" post with an opinion expressed on the overall operations (which closed rides are a part of) is hardly "spam."

Did you enjoy your day?

33 minutes ago, Tom said:

Did you enjoy your day?

So hold on a minute, you, a moderator I might add, accused me of "spamming" by typing out the four rides that were closed today in the closed rides topic, and then a few minutes later you have posted a completely irrelevant and sarcastic comment - "did you enjoy your day?"  What a great example to set, clearly the forum rules don't apply to those in charge.

But, since you asked, it wasn't great due to the factors mentioned above.

4 minutes ago, Coaster Jamie said:

So hold on a minute, you, a moderator I might add, accuses me of "spamming" by typing out the four rides that were closed today in the closed rides topic, and then a few minutes later posts a completely irrelevant and sarcastic comment - "did you enjoy your day?" 

But, since you asked, it wasn't great due to the factors mentioned above.

Not sarcasm, you're misreading my post due to the nature of online communication

I was seeing if you had anything good to say about the park despite the closed rides, is all

On topic I can assure you - And if you had actually spammed you would have received a warning, I was commenting that your posts were heading that way

Edited by Tommy
Mis-spoke

5 minutes ago, Coaster Jamie said:

I really don't see what the issue is.  I wrote a short post highlighting the rides that were closed today, and that the other coasters were on one train.  If I had rambled on about CCR, Saw Alive, and whatever else is sat collecting dust, as well as the fact that the whole of Canada Creek looks like a ghost town, maybe I would see the issue.  But a simple "this, this, this and this were closed today" post with an opinion expressed on the overall operations (which closed rides are a part of) is hardly "spam."

Exactly. You guys realise there's a difference between highlighting the fact that rides still at the park are closed and saying "MISS HIPPOS FUNGLE SAFARI WAS CLOSED GRR MERLIN ARE THE WORST" right? I think your just moaning for the sake of moaning tbh.