Closed Rides

Ash

On 10 June 2016 at 1:36 PM, Matt Creek said:

Not a good on the reliability front today sadly.

Vortex shut

Quantum shut

Colossus Shut

Stealth is shut  

Saw now shut and  may have opened late

oh and DBGT says hi. 

Saw was open at 9.30. 

Lots of shutdowns through the day and Slammer was being very unreliable. You know it's a bad day when they're giving out free tickets to return! As I was in the DBGT queue when it shut down I've got an extra one.

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, slendercat said:

So I'm going to be at Thorpe for the first time in about a month and a half on the 26th, are there any rides that have been experiencing any downtime recently? Also has the scenario with Stealth changed at all?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Stealth and Derren Brown's Ghost Train have been closed for a while, not too sure apart from that.

Ghosty stealth and fish were closed all day. Apart from that I didn't see any rides that went down. Queues ran fast and fast track really wasn't a problem. We all got free return tickets but still very frustrating having ghosty and stealth closed especially for people who have travelled a long way to thorpe.

On the subject of ghosty. Since it has been open I have been on 4 separate days. only 1 of these days has had ghost train open for more then 2 minuets. I have tried to ride it 5 times with only 2 successes. My failures happened when I was in the pres-how, In the baggage area and when I was at the front of the queue. :angry2:

Ghosty stealth and fish were closed all day. Apart from that I didn't see any rides that went down. Queues ran fast and fast track really wasn't a problem. We all got free return tickets but still very frustrating having ghosty and stealth closed especially for people who have travelled a long way to thorpe.

On the subject of ghosty. Since it has been open I have been on 4 separate days. only 1 of these days has had ghost train open for more then 2 minuets. I have tried to ride it 5 times with only 2 successes. My failures happened when I was in the pres-how, In the baggage area and when I was at the front of the queue. :angry2:

Ah okay thanks, at least I have a chance of a free return!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ThemeParkLover said:

I know stealth was open today. How was the reliability today? Take it DGBT is still #unavailable?

Stealth is shut at the moment according to Thorpes website and so was Inferno and DBGT, as well as a few others and Swarm broken down. Wouldn't get this at Chessington!

Because you'd get ridiculous throughputs and dozens of breakdowns per ride instead.

• 2 months later...

Slammer has probably had the best season its ever had! 10x better than the last few anyway, opened on AP day and has only had a few weeks closed and then closed less than a week before the end of season (it could still open again.) The past few, it's opened months later and suffered more downtime throughout the season. Glad Thorpe spent the money on it!