Closed Rides

Ash

And there's another thing. If people want to live in hope just let them. I don't see the point in just making people dissapointed before they've even got there, when the people who say that don't even know 100% themselves.And Tim, they can't, simple as. Believe me, I've had tons of people act like this before, and I'd say about 75% of the time they're wrong.

Basically guys today was an absolute shambles and if you have pre-booked then I really do feel for you because it won't be much better for a long time.At one point not only were Slammer, Stealth, Rumba and Loggers closed (as they were not due to open all day) but also Samurai, Saw, Colossus, Banana Ride, Carousel and the Bear Hunt were also down. 11 rides down out of 23 is absolutely pathetic.

Just because it's testing it doesn't mean it will be open tomorrow. Chances are they might find problems during testing.Stealth and Slammer looked dead all day, I saw no work on either of them.It's fair enough trying to get Saw open for the weekend, but they also need to make sure the maintenance is good for all the other rides in case Saw crapped up. Whilst Saw's closure was very disappointing, I was more disappointed that they couldn't get their act together on all the other rides.

I dont like it when people say that certain rides are closed for definet. I know stealth won't be open but its nice to hope that SAW will... Saying that SAW won't be open just makes me feel rubbish. I'd rather someone say that saw might be open for tomorrow, that way I dont feel miserable the whole evening and morning leading up to my trip to thorpe tomorrow.

It's one of those things really. It's a real shame when so many rides close, especially if you're planning a trip to specifically ride SAW. Unfortunately, things don't sound too good but fingers crossed for anyone who goes tomorrow, it could all change. It's just a real annoyance when the rides have been working throughout the testing period then close on opening day. Still, here's to hoping!

To be fair to Thorpe, it's a brand new coaster - it will have a lot of teething problems, they did a great job to get it up yesterday and keep it up all day and they deserve some credit for that. It's just a shame about what happened today and it should be expected with any new coaster really.

To be fair to Thorpe, it's a brand new coaster - it will have a lot of teething problems, they did a great job to get it up yesterday and keep it up all day and they deserve some credit for that. It's just a shame about what happened today and it should be expected with any new coaster really.

Ive forgotten, did Stealth have lots of teething problems when it was new?

Ive forgotten, did Stealth have lots of teething problems when it was new?

It did for sure. In June it did have a major problem meaning it was shut for a month or so, and it always seemed to shut down during the year. Stealth shouldn't be the only example though, Air was awful for relibility for its first few periods of operation, and now I barely find a day with it down. Things like this happen all the time with new rides, and things will get better in time.

I think Air must hold the record for the most teething problems on its opening day :) Then again it is a flying coaster and the technology was very much in the prototype stages.Stealth was quite bad and regularly had whole days without opening but I think things have definatly improved for it now. It has nowhere near as many spontaneous shutdowns as it used it.

I can accept that it's a new coaster, and that it is very likely to have teething problems on the opening day. But if Thorpe Park expected this in anyway, is annoys me how much advertising they published, when there is a possibility that the ride will be unavailable for a long time on opening day.