Closed Rides

Ash

Ok closed today - Stealth, Bannana Boat, Slammer, Loggers, tidal wave - and I think that was it none of the rides closed for any huge amount of time so all in all a really good day. Stealth wasnt being worked on which is a shame really love that ride

What were the queues like today?

What were the queues like today?

SAW was about 10 minutes max - longest q was Inferno and Colossus as their was only one train but even these were only 15 minutes, I got on saw 11 times - thats how quiet it was today (not feeling to great now!) so hopefully SAW keeps this up

SAW was about 10 minutes max - longest q was Inferno and Colossus as their was only one train but even these were only 15 minutes, I got on saw 11 times - thats how quiet it was today (not feeling to great now!) so hopefully SAW keeps this up

Fantastic :). I am going on Thursday or Friday, hopefully the queues will be similar to this.

Does anyone know what's wrong with Loggers Leap?. It's not been open yet this season

As far as I am aware, nothing is wrong with it. It just hasn't yet finished its winter maintenance. As far as I know, the boats are currently being added to the track. I heard somewhere that it should be open by the end of this week. Also, it appears as though Slammer will also become available by the end of this week. Give TP a couple more weeks, and we should hopefully see the first day or two of the season with everything available.

This is a complete rumour that I have heard, if three people sit in front and nobody sits in the back the log lifts off the track on the double drop, but arent the cars attached to the track?

I don't think that would be possible. The cars are not "attached" as such in the main body of the ride, but they are more so on the drop than anywhere else. Despite this, I know that Thorpe Park do try to spread out people in each log, as to avoid possible problems like this?

This is a complete rumour that I have heard, if three people sit in front and nobody sits in the back the log lifts off the track on the double drop, but arent the cars attached to the track?

it can work-maybe if 3 in the back and nne in the front,then it does lift up more than the normal spread out way

The logs arent attached, the current just pushes them along, and the wheels also guide the boat.

Is that why they can't stop the ride to let guests board?. I'm thinking that if they stop it, it freezes the current and there for requires it to be fixed. There must be some kind of logical reason behind it.Is there a Loggers Leap topic?. I think this is going offtopic as the thread's meant to be about closed rides

The conveyor in the station can be stopped but only for a very short time before it will shut the ride down. The boats will just stack up on the entrance to the station, then on the lift hill.Or something like that anyway. Thats how it worked on Dragon Falls :)

I do wish more people were so descriptive. Thanks James, always curious about things like that and the workings behind it. One day all my Thorpe questions will get valid ansers.

When I next visit, it will be because of SAW, but there is a rumour that Slammer will be open at the end of the week.

Good. Hopefully Logger's Leap will be back up and running soon. I know it's not a thrill ride but I love it and a visit to Thorpe Park isn't complete without a ride on it :).