Closed Rides

Ash

If Thorpe could go a whole season without a long term breakdown I would give them a gold medal!Unfortunatly they have already failed this season with Stealth, but oh well there is always next season.

Stealth wasn't having a breakdown, it was still in its winter maintenence. So that doesn't count :).

I was bored while doing my maths homework, so I have calculated some stats about TP's ride availability so far this year:As a percentage of the park open time for the main season so far in 2009, 32% of the open time has had all rides available. 10% of the open time has had 1 ride unavailable. 21% of the open time has had 2 rides unavailable. 21% of the open time has had 3 rides unavailable. 11% of the open time has had 4 rides unavailable. 5% of the open time has had 5 rides unavailable. So basically, 32% of the open time has had all rides available. :PAnd 68% of the open time has had one or more rides unavailable. :P

I was bored while doing my maths homework, so I have calculated some stats about TP's ride availability so far this year:As a percentage of the park open time for the main season so far in 2009, 32% of the open time has had all rides available. 10% of the open time has had 1 ride unavailable. 21% of the open time has had 2 rides unavailable. 21% of the open time has had 3 rides unavailable. 11% of the open time has had 4 rides unavailable. 5% of the open time has had 5 rides unavailable. So basically, 32% of the open time has had all rides available. :PAnd 68% of the open time has had one or more rides unavailable. :P

I don't believe that, please remember CCR has been down since Monday or before. They've not even gone 5 days with a full ride lineup so there's no way that can be 32%

I don't believe that, please remember CCR has been down since Monday or before. They've not even gone 5 days with a full ride lineup so there's no way that can be 32%

This data is referring to the information provided by www.thorpepark.com. I have not been to the park every day and recorded this information myself. And this does not account for breakdowns that are unexpected and occur during the day. It only refers to rides that are registered unavailable at the beginning of each day.

Well let me give you rough statistics, the park has been open for 30 days 'ish , with around 5 days having a full ride lineup. 1/6 days = Approximately 17% up-time. I'm sure that the real percentage of actual time that all rides have been available will be alot lower however.

Well let me give you rough statistics, the park has been open for 30 days 'ish , with around 5 days having a full ride lineup. 1/6 days = Approximately 17% up-time. I'm sure that the real percentage of actual time that all rides have been available will be alot lower however.

Excluding CCR, TP have had 6 days (including today), of full ride "up-time". And my statistics refer to the Main Season, as I mentioned earlier, which includes 19 open days. Not including Thrill Chill. 6/19 = 32%. But yes, in reality the "up-time" is probably much less.

Alton Towers 100% of the time had all rides available (Park open for 5 days)Chessington, 100% of the time had all rides available (Park open for 5 days)32% doesn't sound so good now does it...Information obtained from chessington.com and altontowers.com, as well as having worked at Cwoa since open day)