Closed Rides

Ash

Stealth opened yesterday about 3:45/4pm. This was once Saw had closed - they then opened Stealth and that had a 3 hour queue. Then they re-opened Saw after fixing the problem.We was told at the fastrack desk that Stealth and Samurai would have been closed all day.. I had a feeling that Steatlh would open that day - and I was right. It turns out the lady was wrong and got Samurai and Slammer mixed up. Slammer was closed all day.

Stealth opened yesterday about 3:45/4pm. This was once Saw had closed - they then opened Stealth and that had a 3 hour queue. Then they re-opened Saw after fixing the problem.We was told at the fastrack desk that Stealth and Samurai would have been closed all day.. I had a feeling that Steatlh would open that day - and I was right. It turns out the lady was wrong and got Samurai and Slammer mixed up. Slammer was closed all day.

Slammer is now open, although still showing as "Unavailable" on the official Thorpe Park website.

• 3 weeks later...

Rush was closed earlier today as there was a crane onsite putting new pistons in swimg A and Colossus was up all day but it has a problem lol even though its been working ,and tomorrow that will be resovled ,it will not be working ok Colossus keeps cutting out because the diggers that are infillingthe land next to the inline twists have gone through the electric cables and caused chaos with a few rides lol hopefuly everything will be good soon though lol :o

Rush was closed earlier today as there was a crane onsite putting new pistons in swimg A and Colossus was up all day but it has a problem lol even though its been working ,and tomorrow that will be resovled ,it will not be working ok Colossus keeps cutting out because the diggers that are infillingthe land next to the inline twists have gone through the electric cables and caused chaos with a few rides lol hopefuly everything will be good soon though lol :o

That will take a while to fix, no?

As a staff member at Thorpe Park, I'd be very careful as to what you say on here. If your caught by another staff member to be posting this information you do realise you will be dismissed.

Oh good, todays guests got an hour. Aren't Thorpe generous :o

Jeez it's not like Thorpe only wanted to give them an hour. That's like me saying: 'Oh wow, Nemesis pissed off all Alton Towers' neighbours this year and keeps getting stuck on its lift hill. Aren't Alton generous :o.'I know Thorpe are terrible in a lot of aspects and do need to improve, but do we seriously need to jump on them for everything?

Yes, yes we do.

Seriously do you hate Thorpe or something? because you are always saying its rubbish and stuff and like TPDan said we don't need to shout at them for everything, yes they do need to improve but its not like they want their rides to breakdown.

Unfortunately we do live in a society of free speech where I can basically say what I want about Thorpe Park. Now fine, you guys can overlook rides being closed all the time. But seriously. First Samurai, then Slammer, then Rush, then Colossus. What kind of a joke park are they running over in Chertsey because it's absolute worlds away from any other theme park in Europe.The fact that you and TPdan seemed to have jumped at me for my comment does say a lot. Thorpe don't want their rides down, no you are right. And yet somehow, two months on they are still suffering from the same old crap whereas Legoland, Alton and Chessington are not and like some ignorant little kids, you guys just accept it and shout "but Thorpe can't help it" at me like it makes a difference.

Unfortunately we do live in a society of free speech where I can basically say what I want about Thorpe Park. Now fine, you guys can overlook rides being closed all the time. But seriously. First Samurai, then Slammer, then Rush, then Colossus. What kind of a joke park are they running over in Chertsey because it's absolute worlds away from any other theme park in Europe.The fact that you and TPdan seemed to have jumped at me for my comment does say a lot. Thorpe don't want their rides down, no you are right. And yet somehow, two months on they are still suffering from the same old crap whereas Legoland, Alton and Chessington are not and like some ignorant little kids, you guys just accept it and shout "but Thorpe can't help it" at me like it makes a difference.

Yeah, but your just being Pathetic, if it's beloved Alton Towers Or Chesington World Of Adventure and Zoo you shower them with praise, but if Thorpe do something your instant reaction is it's crap.Thorpe builds a very well themed 13.5 million pound ride- its crap it can't hold a candle to any other ride in the UK.Alton Towers re theme the skyride, in plain unimaginative colours- OH MY GOD IT'S AMAZING!Rush isn't in Sync- Bloody Thorpe Park, they can't do anything right look at skyhawk,Rush is closed momentarily to maybe improve the problem- OMG Thorpe Park are crap, burn the place down, NOW!What the hell can Thorpe do about a power line being cut, it's not their fault, they re-opened doing the best they could didn't they?Oh wait no it's only open for a hour, who has the Bulldozer?!

Yeah, but your just being Pathetic, if it's beloved Alton Towers Or Chesington World Of Adventure and Zoo you shower them with praise, but if Thorpe do something your instant reaction is it's crap.Thorpe builds a very well themed 13.5 million pound ride- its crap it can't hold a candle to any other ride in the UK.Alton Towers re theme the skyride, in plain unimaginative colours- OH MY GOD IT'S AMAZING!Rush isn't in Sync- Bloody Thorpe Park, they can't do anything right look at skyhawk,Rush is closed momentarily to maybe improve the problem- OMG Thorpe Park are crap, burn the place down, NOW!What the hell can Thorpe do about a power line being cut, it's not their fault, they re-opened doing the best they could didn't they?Oh wait no it's only open for a hour, who has the Bulldozer?!

I think I'll let Mark fight his own battle but I would just like to say that I agree with him, and also he sounds nothing like you suggest.

Yeah, but your just being Pathetic, if it's beloved Alton Towers Or Chesington World Of Adventure and Zoo you shower them with praise, but if Thorpe do something your instant reaction is it's crap.

Thats because Thorpe has stupid problems that the other parks don't have. Fact

Thorpe builds a very well themed 13.5 million pound ride- its crap it can't hold a candle to any other ride in the UK.Alton Towers re theme the skyride, in plain unimaginative colours- OH MY GOD IT'S AMAZING!

SAW isn't amazing, its a ride thats packed full of missed opportunitys.

Rush isn't in Sync- Bloody Thorpe Park, they can't do anything right look at skyhawk,Rush is closed momentarily to maybe improve the problem- OMG Thorpe Park are crap, burn the place down, NOW!

Seriously, when Rush is down, it's not to try and sort out the sync problem, its been like this for 3 years now. Can you defend Thorpe Park in saying they're putting in lots of effort to get it corrected? No, otherwise they would have sorted it in 2005 and it wouldn't happen since.

What the hell can Thorpe do about a power line being cut, it's not their fault, they re-opened doing the best they could didn't they?Oh wait no it's only open for a hour, who has the Bulldozer?!

Thats possibly Thorpes fault, for all we know the person operating the digger may not have not the cable was there because Thorpe didn't tell them.

To stand up for Mark, Thorpe has a great line up of rides, some of the best in Europe in fact-but they themselves will also agree (perhaps not on an internet forum), the park has major problems-the BIGGIE being with ride reliability. Some departments are currently being monitored to find out what these problems are. Just because this forum and many others are watched over by the park, does not mean people should feel they have to praise everything they do.

I think I'll let Mark fight his own battle but I would just like to say that I agree with him, and also he sounds nothing like you suggest.

I know, I don't go through all his posts and quote them. I was exagerating a bit I guess, but he never has a a good thing to say about Thorpe, even when they deseve praise, and if he thinks it evreyone else knows he is thinking it with little comments like, "yes, yes we do"I think to come on to a board which is Directly linked to Thorpe Park Mania, an official site of Thorpe Park, and completly hate and slate it is going to piss a few people off, like me.EDIT- In response to all the post's above yes Thorpe has problems that's obvious, far worse problems than any park's that come to mind, but not everything they do is a problem, and if you read Mark's posts you would come to believe absoloutly evreything they do is shocking! And the post about Saw, that's your opinion, seems to have worked doesn’t it, enthusiasts are very small minority of Theme parks target audience.

I was exagerating a bit I guess

I don't mean to sound rude, but why post stuff that you've purposely exaggerated to make someone that you're trying to prove a point against sound more guilty, when you know half of what you're sprouting is pants.