Closed Rides

Ash

I think to come on to a board which is Directly linked to Thorpe Park Mania, an official site of Thorpe Park, and completly hate and slate it is going to piss a few people off, like me.

Just because this forum and many others are watched over by the park, does not mean people should feel they have to praise everything they do.

As a staff member at Thorpe Park, I'd be very careful as to what you say on here. If your caught by another staff member to be posting this information you do realise you will be dismissed.

well thats ok cause I'm not working there no more lol I left last week lol so I'm ok now I will say what I know lol :o

I don't mean to sound rude, but why post stuff that you've purposely exaggerated to make someone that you're trying to prove a point against sound more guilty, when you know half of what you're sprouting is pants.

This isn't a crime investigation, I’m not trying to find anyone guilty, I'm making a point, that not everything done at Thorpe is bad.Obviously it's "Pants" no one spending their free time on a Theme Park forum is going to want to burn down a park, I would have thought that obvious.When I originally posted I pretty angry, because of something else, and Mark's constantly criticizing post have been irritating me for a while, not bad enough admitidly to make me say that however, something unrelated caused that (why I vent out anger on a theme park forum is beyond me however)Neifever, to be totally honest I haven't posted any of this because I’m conscious of Thorpe Park watching, or to 'Get into their good books' I’m not that interested in Theme Parks, and I'm not naïve enough to think Thorpe will be intrested in me. I just commented as a member of the community. Which I thought would have some Thorpe fans as it is linked to a website based entirely on the park.I'll just be going now.

Haha, as soon as I'm not an admin I get involved in a good debate.Well just to pick you up on a few things

Yeah, but your just being Pathetic, if it's beloved Alton Towers Or Chesington World Of Adventure and Zoo you shower them with praise, but if Thorpe do something your instant reaction is it's crap.

Just yesterday I said"What kind of a joke park are they running over in Chertsey because it's absolute worlds away from any other theme park in Europe."So how exactly am I just praising Chessington and Alton Towers then. Besides that's baloney anyway, I've happily praised Thorpe Park in the past and I will happily do so again. I just don't need to post constantly about how great Thorpe is when its rubbish ride reliability is not something I can praise.

Which I thought would have some Thorpe fans as it is linked to a website based entirely on the park.

You can be a fan and not be up the parks arse you know. I like rides which is why TPM is not the only rollercoaster forum I am on.

Thorpe builds a very well themed 13.5 million pound ride- its crap it can't hold a candle to any other ride in the UK.Alton Towers re theme the skyride, in plain unimaginative colours- OH MY GOD IT'S AMAZING!

No where have I ever said that. In fact considering I haven't been to Alton Towers this year and haven't seen the Skyride gondolas, there isn't much point in me saying.

When I originally posted I pretty angry, because of something else, and Mark's constantly criticizing post have been irritating me for a while

Good, that was my intention. Instead of the consistent "thorpe is good" stuff being repeated, a little bit of controversy never hurt anyone. :o

Can I just say, I'm not up Thorpe's arse and I don't praise the park just because I happen to know Thorpe Park read the forums.Mark, I agree Thorpe is terrible in comparison to some parks, and that it's reliability is of the poorest in Europe, and a lot of the other bad things about the place. No, no we don't need to jump on Thorpe's back for everything. If that's your attitude to all the points you make then they might as well be disregarded, because they'll have been said in a completely biased way. Alton Towers has numerous bad points, Chessington has numerous bad points, but I don't see anyone jumping on them for it like a lot of people do with Thorpe nowadays. In a way it's become a fashion, having to hate Thorpe Park in practically every way a Theme Park is rated. If something needs to be criticised it will be, fair enough. But not everything does. Not one person criticised Alton Towers for the way Nemesis' wheels had to be changed. However had something like this happened at Thorpe, I can easily imagine lads of comments on how Thorpe should have known it and etc etc. It's something that just doesn't need criticising, so I'm not going to criticise Alton for that, and I'm sure a lot of people agree that it's the neighbours who are the ones making Alton change them. Had this happened at Thorpe would it be criticised? Yes, most likely.I don't take the 'Thorpe can't help it' approach. I know Thorpe Park need to improve as really, Alton Towers are miles ahead. But Alton Towers has faults too. Every park does. I know again Thorpe have many more, but they seem to be being criticised for ALL of them. Alton Towers aren't criticised for any of theirs as far as I can see. My point is, if Mark you're reply to my question is 'Yes, yes we do', then really in fairness we should take that attitude to every theme park. But we don't, and that's the only reason why I said what I said before.

Sadly, a lot of those 'numerous bad points' at Thorpe are pointed out, purely because it's a very popular park. This is mainly a Thorpe Park forum, people come here as it's called Thorpe Park Mania, not Merlin Mania. The park is at current, a victim of it's own sucsess. Some fans visit every single week and so, have a lot to say and they notice the bad points, every single one of them.I personally, am the first to praise Thorpe for the good they do (and are doing), but the bad points are annoying and have been the same year after year. Personally as great as the parks engineering Dept are, they simply do not have enough of them. As various depts are being investigated, it's clear bosses at Merlin are aware there is a problem somewhere along the line and are trying to iron it out.You are always going to have fans discuss he bad and to be honest, even some of the good points get over looked as people do like a moan! It's far easier to annoy someone than make them write about what good they've done instead.In regards to Alton Towers having these 'numerous problems' too, I'm sure they do and go un-noticed due to the space of the rides and inbetween BUT ALSO, do note that it was Alton Towers that managed to have Nemesis running one day, shut it, changed the entire lift chain AND had the ride back in operation on the same day! Imagine that happening at Thorpe?? NO.

No TpDan, actually the only reason Thorpe will come under attack on this forum is because it is the only park that people ever discuss. If you don't believe me, look at all the other posts made in the Alton Towers, Chessington and Other Park topic sections then go and read all the Thorpe Park praise all over this forum. If anything I am in the minority, and like I am some kind of outsider you and that other guy who I can't remember start saying to me that I shouldn't jump at every small thing that Thorpe does wrong.Tell me, what is so small about Colossus being closed for 6 out of 7 hours? How is them taking the worlds most thrilling flat ride and making it worse then Quantum not worthy of criticism. How is one park having rides closed constantly not worth someone saying something in protest.You visit the park basically every week. If Colossus is closed for one week why should you give a toss, you'll be back the next week and it will probably be open. But I bet for 90% of Thorpes guests, that will be there only trip of the year.

No, no we don't need to jump on Thorpe's back for everything. If that's your attitude to all the points you make then they might as well be disregarded, because they'll have been said in a completely biased way. Alton Towers has numerous bad points, Chessington has numerous bad points, but I don't see anyone jumping on them for it like a lot of people do with Thorpe nowadays. In a way it's become a fashion, having to hate Thorpe Park in practically every way a Theme Park is rated.

Again yes, but nothing will EVER compare to rides being closed. You can have rude staff, you can have bad toilets, you can have poor restraunts, you can have poor car parking, you can have bad weather but nothing EVER will compare to poor ride availability, especially at Thorpe when that is literally all you have to do for 8 or so hours. Count the amount of rides that have so far been unavailable for more then a day at ThorpeThorpe - Colossus, Slammer, Stealth, Samurai, Saw, CCR, Banana Ride, Carousel, RumbaNow count them on the other Merlin parksAlton - NemesisChessington - Billys WhizzerLegoland - None of their rides have been unavailable.You can call me biased against Thorpe Park all you want but you know what I don't care anymore. The park does not respect its guests with its poor ride availability so to be honest defend away.

Must say I completely agree with Mark, although I love Thorpe Park. Their rides are very unreliable, but since I don't go all the time it not that bad for me for mostly all rides open when I go, BUT- Loads shut down throughout day! Saturday before Bank holiday, Saw, Colossus, Stealth, Rush and some more all broke down, with Colossus stopping on hill for more then 20 mins more than twice. But like I say, like Thorpe a lot and mostly lucky when I go, but respect your opinion/s 100%

You must be off your rocker!

Take it you probably didn't detect the sarcasm :).I don't continuously praise Thorpe Park all over the forum. Nearly all the time I agree with the fact that Thorpe are terrible in a lot of aspects and that they need to improve. But I just don't like how Thorpe are the only park that are heavily criticised for these kind of things. I know that Alton Towers and Chessington aren't talked about as much here but when we do it's all praise praise praise. And again I agree with a lot of the praise, but we can't just have praise without faults. With the Colossus situation, Thorpe could have easily decided to just close Colossus for the whole day, but they didn't. Neil said how Alton Towers could change the whole chain and still have the ride up and running within a day, but we're only classing that as impressive because we knew the scale of what had to be done. No one knows here for sure what the problem was, it could have been something monumentous for all we know. But back to the main point, Thorpe still decided to open their coaster for the final hour when in previous years they probably wouldn't have. They could have taken their time like they usually would have in previous years and had it up and running the next day, but they still got Colossus open for the final hour of the day and gave guests the chance to ride it. And I don't agree Quantum is better than Samurai. That's your opinion only. The Majority of other guests I know which visit the park find Samurai leagues ahead of Quantum. I understand it was on a much better setting at Chessington and could be better, but as you said, the 90% as you say of Thorpe's guests who visit once a year, how are they likely to know about that?I do give a toss if Colossus is shut, but I appreciate the effort that they put it in to get it open as soon as possible, just like Neil did with Nemesis and Alton Towers. I do feel for the guests who might only get to visit once a year, but the same could have happened with Alton, and at the end of the day Thorpe will always try and get all their rides up and running. Too many rides being shut like you said (what happened on March 14th) was unnaceptable. Truly it was, and I understand people's anger with the park and the debacle that was that day. However I get the feeling that if anything like this had happened at Alton Towers a lot of people would simply say 'It's one day in a whole season'. I'm not saying you personally would, but I know others would. It does compare. You can have available rides, but if the staff are horrible, the park has terribly maintanined toilets and food and etc etc, it does have bad impacts on your day. I've even seen and heard from people who've reported on how nice the staff are. And from personal experience, I've had terrible days at Thorpe, but it's still very nice to see Staff working their very hardest to try and doing their best to improve guests days. It shows they do care. I don't see how you can simply disregard this, it does have impacts on people's days and that's clear to see, otherwise your just saying that all the staff who are actually trying their hardests effort's don't count. In which case, why would they really want to try their hardest for guests, if that's the reaction they're going to get. I agree with you, that's really poor, the amount of rides which were unavailable that day, but you seemed to have a go at Thorpe Park for Colossus being unavailable for most of the day, when you didn't for Nemesis being shut, or Billy's Whizzer being shut. I know it was one ride, personally I wouldn't have a go at any theme park for having one ride shut for most of a day or a whole day, but you obviously do, as you did with Thorpe Park and Colossus. I know Alton Towers and Chessington are better run, I agree Thorpe Park are terrible in many ways, but there are some aspects where they rise above the other two, so I praise them for that. But the the way you've phrased your argument is implying you don't actually care about the things Thorpe Park do get right, and that's why I don't really see why Thorpe should even bother trying anymore if people are going to class those good points as 'they don't matter'.

I was speaking to one of the mods for this site in the saw queue last monday, he mentioned that saw would be closed for a week or two to put the other two trains on, as they are only running with six at the moment.does anyone know when it will actually be closed?thanks

I was speaking to one of the mods for this site in the saw queue last monday, he mentioned that saw would be closed for a week or two to put the other two trains on, as they are only running with six at the moment.does anyone know when it will actually be closed?thanks

As far as I'm aware its a switch track so it would take under 1 hour to put them on, anyway like James said its already on 8 cars.