Closed Rides

Ash

Thats good just Slammer now. They should keep Slammer on there all year round even when it is open and when it is open the park should put in brackets slammer is due to break soon and will be shut once again. ;):)

What ae you on about?? Slammer is very reliable :0) just kidding :-) lol yeah good idea though.

Thats good just Slammer now. They should keep Slammer on there all year round even when it is open and when it is open the park should put in brackets slammer is due to break soon and will be shut once again. ;):)

Should be more like thisUNAVAILABLE RIDESAll rides are currently available(for now....)

Just a short reply to TPDan.Again, you just assume that I never praise Thorpe Park which is complete and utter bull. I have always given my honest opinion on anything Thorpe do (and any park for that matter). Did I not say Saw isn't even the best themed ride at Thorpe Park meaning I'm complimenting the Amity Cove area and saying it is up there with the UK's best. Did I not say in the trip report section that my visits to Thrill Chill were the best visits I've ever had to the park. When I'm at the park with Marc, I always say that the staff in retail are a pride to the Merlin group, they are always exceptional and friendly. The thing is, Billys Whizzer was closed for a day and I agree it should have been on the website as should Nemesis on the Alton Towers site. These are such moot points though because especially with Chessington, it gets nowhere near the gate figures, no where near the press coverage and it's not in the fanboy spotlight. I could have gone into a Cwoa topic, said "Billy's Whizzer was closed all day today" and it would not have been commented on at all. Whereas, as reliability is such a hot potato at Thorpe any kind of ride closure will have a massive effect.

It shows they do care. I don't see how you can simply disregard this, it does have impacts on people's days and that's clear to see, otherwise your just saying that all the staff who are actually trying their hardests effort's don't count. In which case, why would they really want to try their hardest for guests, if that's the reaction they're going to get.

This is an interesting point actually. It is actually incredibly nice that the members on here notice the staff at Thorpe in a big way. But the problem is, being a staff member, I know that the majority of the time guests aren't even noticing the effort staff are putting into their work. That is why on one of my visits to Thorpe this year I took the time to make a guest compliment form about one of the medical centre guys when I fell over at Tidal Wave and injured my leg. If I hated Thorpe and disregarded them so badly, why would I take the time to do this.At the end of the day, my only problem with Thorpe is only ever going to be its rides because that is literally the only reason people go there (ignoring the social aspect with friends.) The ride availability is far more crucial to Thorpe then any of the other Merlin parks and why I will continue to bang on about it because its that damn important.

• 1 month later...