Closed Rides

Ash

yeah - and TP.com still say's X is still shut but it was open all day yesterday,and Saw wasn't open first thing because of tech. problems but the mechanic's who had apparently been working on it since 5am got it up and running by about half 10 - but by then everyone was in the queue for Colossus which with only one train going was three hours long according to the ride op's announcement - but then they added another train - why they couldn't have put that on at opening I don't know?!?!? Stealth also broke down but then was up and running again fairly quickly - thankfully

I think X was shut, something to do with the air gates. It’s just when I went to Thorpe on Tuesday (the day before it was down). I and James (Jamie_CoasterKid), we both were the last people of that day to ride on X:\ WTF ……lol. Anyways before we where let on to the ride the ride op kept fiddling with the air gates, So we had to run before it shut on us (which I thought was quite dangerous as they do really push fast and forcefully) so before we were getting dispatched I noticed the air gates still kept going spazz, and the stupid ride op looked a bit confused looking at his control panel as well. I thought it was the same problem that SAW had with its air gates on the weekend before it was opened to the public(<I think). Then the op guy said “you can still ride I can fix that later on” So that’s why I think X was down for the two days, and I wonder what the operator meant by “I can fix that later on”. TWO DAYS!!

SAW: the ride rarely opens on time, its not a problem with the ride usually, usuualy its the morning maintenance checks taht everyride goes through takes a little longer then expected. However sometimes faults occur during these checks delaying the ride even more.

Right, so you'd think they'd start their morning checks earlier instead of leaving a lot of disappointed waiting guests?!

Today SAW The Ride didn't open until 11:00am, Quantum didn't open, Loggers Leeap broke down around 2pm ish, Nemesis Inferno broke down but it opened laters in the day YAY and Stealth broke down aroung 4:30 ish. Most of the ride broke down but it was still a good day :P

Today SAW The Ride didn't open until 11:00am, Quantum didn't open, Loggers Leeap broke down around 2pm ish, Nemesis Inferno broke down but it opened laters in the day YAY and Stealth broke down aroung 4:30 ish. Most of the ride broke down but it was still a good day :P

SAW: The Ride broke down during the day aswell...

I haven't seen Quantum down in ages! First time this season.

Yeah, first time I've seen it down since it was down for ages in late 2007.I saw Nemesis stuck on the lift hill yesterday, although I did get a ride in a couple of hours later. And I attempted Stealth twice, and it was down. Infact, I don't recall seeing it launch after 3:00pm. I left at 7:30pm and I'm sure it was still closed.

It was a power failure. There a was a power surge which knocked out Rumba, Nemesis, Stealth, Depth Charge and Detonator. Loggers was already down when it the other rides failed.They would have been instructed to say it was another fault as they thought as soon as people heard power failure they would over react due to the chessington power cuts.

It was a power failure. There a was a power surge which knocked out Rumba, Nemesis, Stealth, Depth Charge and Detonator. Loggers was already down when it the other rides failed.They would have been instructed to say it was another fault as they thought as soon as people heard power failure they would over react due to the chessington power cuts.

I was there yestuday and did not notice any of that as soon as we got there let us in early 2 at 9:21 we went to nemi but dete was closed at this point we then went to slammer which was fine 3 times then loggers leap did not even notice :L

I was there yestuday and did not notice any of that as soon as we got there let us in early 2 at 9:21 we went to nemi but dete was closed at this point we then went to slammer which was fine 3 times then loggers leap did not even notice :L

Sorry, but could you try and keep to the rules of the forum and use correct spelling and grammar, your post is very hard to read.

It was a power failure. There a was a power surge which knocked out Rumba, Nemesis, Stealth, Depth Charge and Detonator. Loggers was already down when it the other rides failed.

Is this the reason why Stealth failed to come back up for the rest of the day?

I was there yestuday and did not notice any of that as soon as we got there

Me neither, I was oblivious to the fact of the power failure.