Thorpe Park Website

Chloebell

Not at all. I'm not saying that I want the Queen'e English on every website, and I admit that the website is perfect for the target audience. As I've said before, I just hate it.

Yet you continue to persue its aimed at the classic 'chav' audience.Guys, the world isn't sperated into 'chavs' and 'fanboys'. that is clearly a type of 'ism' wether it be age, race, language, accent or what ever, if there slightly different don't mean they 'chavs'

That post you directly say it is aimed to that target audience which would be taken as 'chavs'. 'chavs' are not a target audience, there a sterotype for thugs and vandals.

I have never said that the target audience is 'chavs'. My perception of the target audience is that of Ages 12 - 30, Male and Female, Social Classes B and C1. :angry:

Everyone has their own definition of the word 'chav'. I really don't understand why there has to be an argument about it being aimed at chavs, as everyone has their own opinion on what a chav is, so having an argument about it is superfluous..I wouldn't say that the site is being aimed at chavs, but I think chavs (in my own definition of the word) would like it.

I guess it will be on the scroller as it has been before they had the small section for it.

I suppose, but that will get annoying if you look how slow the scroller moves! :angry:Too be honest I was rather hoping for a darker themed website to fit in with SAW Alive, but can't please all! :angry:

One day later, and I have more specified my previous opinion of 'I hate it'. The general appearance, layout and visual aspect is quite nice, and suitable for the park. What I don't like, is the writing, in all of it's sarcastic and irritating entirety. The attitude of the writing is just childish.

If I remember correctly, people had the same reaction to the last new site. Now suddenly everyone says that the old website was good? I'm starting to think that no one will ever be satisfied with anything Thorpe do, especially with the website. Yes there are lots of problems with Thorpe but the website shouldn't be something that matters so much.I quite like the site, I prefer it to the website of the last couple of years becuase it's easier and more interesting to read. The last website wasn't bad but I didn't like it's design very much and it was too clustered in my opinion, but I think this years is a big improvement on last years.And why does everyone keep complaining about it being not professional? It's not supposed to be professional, it's supposed to show off and advertise the park, it doesn't have to be professional just because it's a business.People do need to stop over-reacting though, it's just a website and whether you like it or not people need to stop acting like like it's a big drama.