Thorpe Park Website

Chloebell

It's Facebook, people won't look at the park differently from a Facebook page (hopefully). As you will get this kind of nature on a social networking site like Facebook, Bebo, Twitter etc. THORPE PARK wouldn't have the time to go from these type of comments and delete any unneeded comments. Remember its closed season, just as busy as the main season! especially with the permanant staff back at work, they have maintenance to endure, recruitment and so forth.

Whats the problem with normal text talk? Its almost the norm and everybody does it. Its NOT chav writing. Plus it saves time writing all proper when it doesn't really matter... :)

It doesn't really matter?!Sorry but are you joking!I would be like me writing - I fokin lov chessi cause vampire is like wow.There is a reason why you use correct language as it is easier for everyone to read.(And it avoids any chance of being called a "Chav" I suppose... :D)

Not only is it easier to read, for me it's a lot easier to write as well. When writing all proper with full words I type a lot quicker, but trying to use shorthand makes me have to look at the keyboard trying to find a new order for a word which it took under a second for me to type out in full in the first place.

THORPE PARK, Facebook page is not run but marketing, it is a means of marketing by a social networking site yes,however it is more having a means of interlectual talk with fans of the group, to make the fans aware of happenings around the park, lets say a new ride opening, lets take SAW Alive for example, they have quoted in the latest status. Its not run by marketing, I believe it is run by guest services, which to be fair have a park to run.10 minutes is a long time when you have so much crammed.

I think it speaks volumes about the park by looking at their Facebook page. It's representing the park. Therefore everything that happens on there is linked with the park's image. You could argue that it doesn't matter as much because of the target audience, I guess. Find it strange that Thorpe don't reply to comments and such, like others have said, both Alton, and Chessie manage it, therefore the argument that they're too busy is a load of rubbish, regardless of who runs it.

My congratulations to anyone who can translate the following paragraphy taken from a group on Facebook,

fck deez idiots d mothafckerz r gunna die when I c 1 of deze fckin bnp fckin leaders dey need 2 go n lik dere momz fckin hairy vaginaz de goreeeehhhhhh bastardz r gunaa die

When I saw this I just loled.

Facebook not website but will post here...Why have Thorpe Park done a status saying:"Facebook wins again - So how about Twitter vs Bebo?"What relevance has that really got to do with Thorpe Park?:o

I wish they would update with things actually relevant to Thorpe Park and what they are doing to the park, how recruitment is doing (would be good for those applying to work in 2010), little hints about new things planned for the new season etc. Would be alot more entertaining than polls about social networking sites.

I wish they would update with things actually relevant to Thorpe Park and what they are doing to the park, how recruitment is doing (would be good for those applying to work in 2010), little hints about new things planned for the new season etc. Would be alot more entertaining than polls about social networking sites.

Thats nothing to do with marketing I guess thats why!

Its not as though thorpe are going to post happenings about the park as they don't like people knowing what happens behind the scene's! I would actually faint if I saw one saying "today slammers moters were carefully taken down, and the brake pads of Inferno were taken off for servicing whilst other things including nuts and bolts being tightened on Colossus."

My congratulations to anyone who can translate the following paragraphy taken from a group on Facebook,fck deez idiots d mothafckerz r gunna die when I c 1 of deze fckin bnp fckin leaders dey need 2 go n lik dere momz fckin hairy vaginaz de goreeeehhhhhh bastardz r gunaa die
Here goes...F*ck there idiots! The motherf*ckers are going to die when I see 1 of these f*cking leaders. They need to go and lick there mums f*cking hariy vaginas - the gory b*stards are going to die.Charming.Anyway, to the whole Facebook conversation thing. To be honest, I don't really care what they write and go on about. It's their Facebook, they're quite welcome to write whatever rubbish they want. They can get whatever attention they want, I don't care. In the end, all they do most of the time is hype up whatever is going on - or in this case, try and get some attention so they're not forgotten about. If you want an update from the park worth looking at, wait till TPM get something. Simple as. The park are welcome to build their own (good or bad) reputation..

Bit random, but does anyone happen to know if anything significant is happing at Thorpe tomorrow as I just noticed on the Thorpe Park facebook page it says " Something exciting's happening tomorrow! Can you guess what it is?" Just made me curious that's all =] Probably something stupid but you know.....