Thorpe Park Website

Chloebell

I like it, always good to see something new. Not as nice as the 2005 site, all very white, clean and modern. I also never understand why the park get missed information about their rides..for example the press pack mentions Rush's height is 56ft (as it did in it's planning application), yet the website states exactly the correct detail I posted yesterday 75ft! Small detail however and nothing 'joe and jane public' would worry about! It's always fun looking over their images too, spotting kids standing up in Rumba Rapids boats and the one a year or two ago the kid swearing on Samurai! But yes, I like it. I'm already looking forward to the new season and hopefully soon a new planning application in regard to the new coaster next year too!Good from me. Don't like the big heads though, but I can live with 'em!

I like the website, I like the whole thorpe park in 20 seconds thing (thorpe park is not for everyone.. and in a nutshell it says its aiming at traveller immature twits, and if you want a good day out, go to alton towers). Dislike the flickr thing, cos half the pictures aren't relevant.. we could easily put "GO TO ALTON TOWERS" and tag as every ride, so it'll appear.

It is not that I dislike the overly stupid cartoon characters on every page, but I am not used to them and they seem... STUPID.But I don't want to make it sound like a bad move, we all have our own opinions but I think it can be argued both ways. I does suit the theme park's theme in a way and is more fun, but it is a total joke!:angry:Apart from that, yes, I like it. It is a shame they don't have their own photo galleries, but the new layout, format and information is a great update. The colours are better and the ride pages are better, but the whole thing is teeming on the dge of ridiculous! And have you read some of the other things on that page?:angry:

NEW FOR 2010, scares the $!*% out of you? Yeah... you'll be needing that spare pair of pants... and perhaps some mates to hold your hand...Got 6 mates? 'Course you do... so you'll SAVE CASH on tickets... all ya gotta do is Book in Advance. Smile as you walk past those waiting to buy tickets.London (we're just next door) It's a NO BRAINER... what are you doing reading? Birmingham/Southampton (1.5 hours) Or stay home & listen to Dido. Manchester/Liverpool (3.5 hours) Up at 6am, here for opening! Respect. Scotland Okay... We SALUTE you! You are THORPE PARK!

It is obviously trying to appeal to chavs I actually have no idea who they are trying to appeal to but they sound insane whoever they are.:lol:

I hate the website, for many of the same reasons already posted. It's tacky, I hate the new 'let's get down with the kids' approach, and it's such a step down from the previous website.

Ultimate Fastrack - Unlimited Fastrack on rides all day long - only applies to Fastrack rides... obviously.

That tacky comment at the end just sums up the whole website for me. Annoying, irritating, and completely unprofessional.

I hate the website, for many of the same reasons already posted. It's tacky, I hate the new 'let's get down with the kids' approach, and it's such a step down from the previous website. That tacky comment at the end just sums up the whole website for me. Annoying, irritating, and completely unprofessional.

...but the parks main target are teens...so little things like that make it less formal, I really like the site. The only annoying thing is that noise, but oh well eh. One of the best sites I've seen from Thorpe :angry:

...but the parks main target are teens...so little things like that make it less formal, I really like the site. The only annoying thing is that noise, but oh well eh. One of the best sites I've seen from Thorpe :angry:

Yes, I completely agree with you. I applaud the park for creating a website which, although I don't like it, appeals directly to their target audience. They've hit the spot, and I can see that, I just hate the site as a matter of personal opinion.

The new site is amazing. Without a doubt, one of the better ones. The people are funny. The theme is wicked with the graffiti / broken look. Its looks well professionally done, artisticly. And nearly all the ride pages are mildly themed to a themed area which is a bonus nowadays.They dont need all the good language. It works for the style they are going for. Its all very down to earth and nice. Its not chavvy in ANY way. God people like there strict, perfect, to the book ways of having things dont they... slightly out of that, instantly classed as Chavvy. Jeeezzz.

The new site is amazing. Without a doubt, one of the better ones. The people are funny. The theme is wicked with the graffiti / broken look. Its looks well professionally done, artisticly. And nearly all the ride pages are mildly themed to a themed area which is a bonus nowadays.They dont need all the good language. It works for the style they are going for. Its all very down to earth and nice. Its not chavvy in ANY way. God people like there strict, perfect, to the book ways of having things dont they... slightly out of that, instantly classed as Chavvy. Jeeezzz.

Not at all. I'm not saying that I want the Queen'e English on every website, and I admit that the website is perfect for the target audience. As I've said before, I just hate it.

I personally don't like the new website. It just doesn't look right to me. However, as much as I hate it, I'm glad to see Thorpe working on their website and trying their best. It is obviously built with the target audience in mind, which - in the end - I'm glad they've done; at least they do stick to where they aim to be.