Chloebell

Thorpe Park Website

The site seems to have received a bit of an update - http://www.thorpepark.com/

Dunno if it's just because it's new and all that, but I'm not a big fan of it. Seems a bit chunky and the previous version seemed easier to use.

Also emphasises greatly on the 5 major coasters, and calls them 'World Class' rides.

I like the new design, but I do not like the fact that they only show five rides when you hover over that section.

Also none of those rides are World class, well maybe The Swarm at a push.

I like the new design, but I do not like the fact that they only show five rides when you hover over that section.

Also none of those rides are World class, well maybe The Swarm at a push.

It's a shame really... It might make people think there are only 5 rides in the park :P

I am also hating these new slogans, 'the one that goes upside-down 10 times!' They just seem to cheesy to be honest...

It's a dream to navigate + easy to load. Most likely optimised for tablet devices to keep with "the times" (at a risk of sounding old)

Though "World Class" is very far off, and some of the slogans -as previously mentioned- sound really tacky, but I guess this is just the way it's headed.

Would you like some cheese on that?

Just a quick note, the update bar has gone :( I want that update bar there because it was really useful!

Who would like some more slogans?

'The one with the Head-first backwards drop!'

'The one that goes 0-80mph in under 2 seconds!'

The nemmy inferno one is ok but the other are way over the top...

I quite like the new website, to me it looks a tad less cluttered, not to say it isnt still cluttered which it sort of is still.

The website's received a downgrade. :( I don't like how they've enlarged everything and simplified the ride lists. And the drop-down box for the main buttons don't fit either!

Let's hope they don't continue to make it worse and "do a YouTube"...

Just had a chance to finally view the website and see the changes people were going on about in this topic.

All I can say is...what?! :wacko:

It looks totally the same as last year's and I can't see any differences. Or have they put it back to the old design and I've totally missed the design and features people were mentioning?

Just had a chance to finally view the website and see the changes people were going on about in this topic.

All I can say is...what?! :wacko:

It looks totally the same as last year's and I can't see any differences. Or have they put it back to the old design and I've totally missed the design and features people were mentioning?

Nope, it's on the new one, you're just going crazy. It's been oversimplified thinking about it. I don't know why they'd make the normal domain suitable for tablets instead of keeping the old one + put this new one as touch.thorpepark.com :S

There is an image similar to this on the Image Bank page of their webnsite. Or it could even be the same one. Haven't checked it yet.

Yes, those images are from the Media Event that was hosted for TPM