RCT3

Actually their called boston scare actors cos boston made them, they were just imported by stationjim. Boston goes in and out of activeness so chances are he's not gonna make anymore, especially as he made these ages ago.

Ah that's a shame. Just hoping it doesn't mean back to the drawing board with this dark ride though! I'm just wondering what it takes to create a set like this, as it may be just a Peep character in a costume but deep down I obviously know it's still a little complex to create. :wacko:

Just unsure what to do now regarding characters for this dark ride, but also dialogue for the characters as well. I believe there's a ride event speaker set by Darkslade12, but I just have no idea how it works, seeing it didn't work each time I tried it and the creator is very insistent that it does work as a ride event (having tested it himself)...

• 3 months later...

Got playing RCT3 again on iOS after my computer broke. Doing a challenge where I can't pause or close the park at all. So far I have a Corkscrew, Carousel and Chairswing. Is customers the throughput because if so the Corkscrew is a Chessington coaster.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

stats in RCT3 are a bit meh. Most people ignored them and just played sanbox for it's gloriousness. 

On the subject of RCT3, I think it's a little bit of a shame that the community has completely died in the last 3 months. Several of the forums have shut down and those that haven't have transferred to Planet Coaster. Of course this was gonna happen but it's happened so quickly and it makes people that want to continue to play RCT3 (such as myself) reluctant to do so because there is not a community to bounce off of anymore. With that said I'm expecting to release 2 more rides (probably) and then I'll be done with the game, apart from maybe revisiting it if I get bored of Planet Coaster.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here's my current project: Greenwood Gardens Theme Park and Zoo. I've used Coaster Goodies (as thats all that'd work for now) but no other CS. Current areas and rides:

Entrance: Carousel

Enchanted Forest: Treetop Coaster (Junior Coaster), Teacup Ride, Enchanted Disko

Racing County: Red Mist (Launch Coaster), (more soon to come)

The Gardens & Greenwood Lake: Water Transport

Lost Kingdom: Pterodactyl (Suspended) (Say I'm copying Paultons all you want, I had the idea first!!!)

(Unnamed, suggestions welcome): Revenge of the Bengal (Spinning Steel), Tiger Twister, Tiger Enclosure

Photos:

Shot0002.bmp

Shot0003.bmp

Shot0004.bmp

Shot0005.bmp

Shot0006.bmp

Shot0007.bmp

Shot0008.bmp

Shot0009.bmp

Shot0010.bmp

Shot0011.bmp

Shot0012.bmp

Shot0013.bmp

Shot0014.bmp

Shot0015.bmp

Shot0016.bmp

Shot0017.bmp

Shot0018.bmp

Shot0019.bmp

Shot0020.bmp

Shot0021.bmp

Shot0022.bmp

Shot0023.bmp

EDIT: It seems you have to download the photos, is there a way to change it?

9 hours ago, stretchy said:

@ChessingtonSamThe reason they are not shown is that BMP can carry viruses. (there is a BMP parsing bug that allows overflow and can execute embedded js on some browsers/machines.)

If you save them as jpegs or pngs they can be embedded.

The CS showed up on the other RCT3  (disk) and the files were the default RCT ones

14 hours ago, ChessingtonSam said:

The CS showed up on the other RCT3  (disk) and the files were the default RCT ones

I wasn't implying that those images contained viruses, just that it is possable for that type of file to contain a virus and that  there is a global rule in most forums to not embed BMP files. which s why they aren't embedded.

7 hours ago, stretchy said:

I wasn't implying that those images contained viruses, just that it is possable for that type of file to contain a virus and that  there is a global rule in most forums to not embed BMP files. which s why they aren't embedded.

Oh I thought you meant the custom scenery :P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 1:34 PM, ChessingtonSam said:

Finally, I have CS. Alas, one of my greatest enemies has returned:

No svd for sid.

I have downloaded StationJim's Random Things and it is a great set, however when I tried to place the cs down it said No svd for sid. I googled it and I did what it said to do. Now all the texture has been replaced with this weird green thing with a mouth and eyes. I can place it, but this problem persists. Is it a troll, or what has happened?

So without turning this into a Q&A thread again is there an actual fix for this?

33 minutes ago, wegloo said:

Games default texture is the legendary 'green splat' which is when an object is identified but has no texture. I'm afraid you'll have to reinstall the set, just watch how it is filed to avoid another SID SVD

Actually I had the problem solved, turns out it was just a folder lingering around in another within the set, using it now to develop a CS park which I will post here.

Any CS or CTRs anyone could recommend? Can't remember the full list of CS I have (some lighting, rockwork, Coaster Goodies, ATH, Catfish Cove, Pirate Things, Random Things, Beasties Path Covers, Waterworld are all I can remember) but CTR wise I have Nightflight + Swarm and mrawS cars, Peril Mine, Large Flume, Spice's Dive Coaster, Arrow Suspended Swinger, Battle Galleons and Gerstlauer Eurofighter installed.

• 2 months later...

So Ive started work on my 5th park in about two days - the others all crashed with lag and/or everything being erased from existence (long story short the game crashed while saving and left me a muddy field), and I wanted to ask your opinions on my (terribly unfinished) entrance plaza so far:

Sorry for the rushed screenshots but here is the very DBGT-ey entrance with a lovely Ralfvieh's fountain just in front.

Shot0003.jpg

The windows have disappeared, but basically to the left will be the path to the hotel eventually, I will also be adding the brick path covers down there. The billboards will also point the way to the hotel and park as well as the welcome.

Shot0005.jpg

Halloween-ey nightime shot

Shot0001.jpg

Shot0002.jpg

Struggling to come up with ideas though, both name-wise and park-wise.