Pets

Sam P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mark9 said:

My mums dog was ran over and killed today. I hate 2016 and want it over now.

:(

IMG_5200.JPG

What a beautiful pupper, such a loss for you and your family :( It sounds like it was given the most wonderful life until the tragic end so know even though it may be over remember that the love was mutual and everlasting. I hope you and your mum feel better soon <3

My Rabbit Rosie, who some of you may remember me posting about a year ago, has died. She had a disease associated with high nutrition. I'm confident in saying we were good rabbit owners, as her and her mate had a six foot wide hutch with a run, and free access to the garden when we were in. We fed her and gave her treats. 

She was feisty, not afraid of our Dog, and enjoyed chasing the cat. Towards the end she just gave up really. No struggle when we gave her her medicine, would barely move or eat. At least she's in no more pain. Her life has been cut short (3-4 years) and there's so many bad rabbit owners who have as rabbit for years more. The one I feel most sorry for is her mate, Santa, because they really had a bond. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 3 months later...

Just had a scare - Max, the bigger, dumber, and evidently younger of my two cats went missing a minute ago with the whole family searching for him. What made it scary was my windows where open and he's known for trying to escape via window, once climbing up to my top window while I was downstairs (thankfully I heard the blinds and managed to run up and stop him) and once falling out of the bathroom window as a kitten (survived unscathed, I think). We looked for about five minutes, shook the biscuits, my mum called "foodies" which they normally respond to (It's weird I know) but no sign of him, until my dad opens his wardrobe door and Max runs out. How he does it I don't know, this must be the sixth time hes somehow got into a wardrobe and shut himself in, and the fourth time hes scared us like that.

EDIT: Picture of Max (and Ruby because I didn't have any others but it's adorable) he's on the right 

IMG_20160808_160402.jpg

I haven't posted on here yet, but I have two pet tortoises called Tommy and Tiffany.

I had to take one of them to the vet the other day as Tommy had a large abscess.

Gotta say though it was pretty hilarious walking into the vet with a Tortoise though :lol: as everybody else had a Cat/Dog and glared at me haha :lol:

Anyway he's doing fine now after treatment to remove the abscess, the vet even said it was first time they've ever treated a Tortoise.

Haven't read this thread for a while now - I hate reading about pets who have passed away - it's so sad because they are part of the family and the loss is massive.

One of my foster cats was taken ill at the beginning of Feb - she had numerous health problems which wanted me adopting her.  She had to be put to sleep which upset me so much - only 18 months before that my own cat had died and I was still grieving for him - at least I got a chance to say goodbye to my foster cat - it's frustrating but I don't have the ashes for either cat due to mess ups along the way.

I went ahead and adopted my other foster cat and she is adorable - one of her favourite places to sleep is in my wardrobe.  I'm also currently looking after a cat for a friendimage.jpegThe white cat is the one that died and the tabby cat is now mine

image.jpegThis was my ginger ninja would died following a cat fight 2 years agoimage.jpegAnd this one is the cat I'm looking after who likes to kip on my back 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Our beloved cat, Hoover, was put to sleep yesterday due to a kidney tumour.

He was marginally younger than me and I grew up with him. He evolved from a fox-fighting feline into a gentle, loving, appreciative member of our family.

There was a time when I genuinely considered him a good friend. He appreciated me - for food and love; and I appreciated him - for respite from this bloody world. We were brothers.

I will forever miss you purring at the end of my bed; you sleeping on my head; you ripping holes in my revision books. No cat will ever be the same.

Hoover “The Groover” Newbold

R.I.P

BEE84520-3422-4FDC-99E7-E4D1ABD39B82.jpeg

ED6AAACA-01EE-4573-BA68-4110D1EF25B6.jpeg

C89694B4-85FA-44E5-B606-B753D1192396.jpeg