Pets

Sam P

Arhhh..Thanks guys, much appreciated.Iv just quickly pu together a temporary Pepsi page, with 6 photos, 2 of the above:Pepsi TEMPAnd Ellie, I love the idea of rescue dog homes, probably the only good thing about this country!Ill try and get some more pics of her and Baby(The tri coloured one) some time soon.Thanks again,Tom.

Her eyes are so cute!Thanks so much for the link Tom to some more photos of Pepsi! :)Chantelle:- Hera is really cute!She seems like a dog that you just want to cuddle! :)

• 5 months later...

Currently dog-sitting for my auntie. Just discovered he's hurt his paw. One of his claws seems to be split quite badly. Vets aren't open until Monday. Well worried about him. :D

Would the best thing to do to be wrap a bandage around his paw so it is softer when he walks? Maybe ease it a bit?I am no animal expert though, just a thought that is probably wrong, but thought I'd say.Take care of him Mikey; I am sure you will! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

1 cat. As some of you know, Poppy was put to sleep in February, as she had been suffering with hyperthyroidism for a few years. It's difficult to regulate with medication and despite initially responding to it, the symptoms came back and gradually got worse in some ways. It was one of the hardest things we've had to do, because on the outside she looked fine (apart from being thin) and was still full of character, but on the inside it actually wasn't good and wasn't going to get any better. But she went very peacefully and tbh, we wouldn't have wanted her to be so ill that she looked it, just to prove it was the right time. Obviously things are better now but there's one thing that still upsets me - she was only 11 1/2. I know that's that a senior age for a cat, but it just seemed that every story about hyperthyroid cats I read, the cats were 14/15 when they were put down, probably because they developed it later on than Poppy did. I can't help thinking "Fair enough these things happen, but if it had to happen, why couldn't it have happened a bit later on? Why did she get it earlier than other cats?" :PBut we've still got Tango. Even though I was closer to Poppy and she was more or less my favourite, I'm obviously still glad we have Tango and we've been looking after him ;)Poppy & Tango as KITTENS :PPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePoppy:Posted ImagePosted ImageTango:Posted ImagePosted Image:D<_<

1 cat. As some of you know, Poppy was put to sleep in February, as she had been suffering with hyperthyroidism for a few years. It's difficult to regulate with medication and despite initially responding to it, the symptoms came back and gradually got worse in some ways. It was one of the hardest things we've had to do, because on the outside she looked fine (apart from being thin) and was still full of character, but on the inside it actually wasn't good and wasn't going to get any better. But she went very peacefully and tbh, we wouldn't have wanted her to be so ill that she looked it, just to prove it was the right time. Obviously things are better now but there's one thing that still upsets me - she was only 11 1/2. I know that's that a senior age for a cat, but it just seemed that every story about hyperthyroid cats I read, the cats were 14/15 when they were put down, probably because they developed it later on than Poppy did. I can't help thinking "Fair enough these things happen, but if it had to happen, why couldn't it have happened a bit later on? Why did she get it earlier than other cats?" :PBut we've still got Tango. Even though I was closer to Poppy and she was more or less my favourite, I'm obviously still glad we have Tango and we've been looking after him ;)[

I used to have two cats until 2007, then one of them was put down to what, if my memory serves me well, was hyperthyroidism. That was really upsetting for me as it was my first pet to die and I didn't expect to be hit that hard by it.My other cat is now 17, 18 in May which I know is very old and I appreciate having her so much, she's so lovely! <_<

Aww!It's funny when they misbehave and then look at you all innocently. Poppy would attack the Christmas tree every year (and usually hide under it when you went towards her, have to admit that was a pain!), and sometimes climbed up into it! <_< Then she'd sit there all comfy and all you could see was her head peeping out ;)

I used to have a rabbit called Benji, who unfortunately died Christmas eve 2008. He was a black miniature dwarf and we had him since he was around 4 weeks old, he was very cute. One of the hardest times of my life, losing him <_<

It may seem odd to people who have never been in the position of loosing an animal but it really does upset you, especially if you have had one since it was young or have had the same one throughout your life. I never expected to cry as much as I did when I lost my cat. I didn't quite realise how much she meant to me.

I have 5 cats & 3 Goldfish + 1 Dog:Cats -

• Bagpuss (about 10/11)
  • Lenux - (about 10/11)
  • Floss (AKA floppy) - (about 5)
  • Good Boy (real name - Fergal) - (about 3/4)
  • Mabel - (2/3)
Our latest cat that past away (hit by a car) was KaneFish don't have a name <_<My doggie is called Feebie (Jack Russel cross Terrier)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageYes we have big cats! :PI forgot to mention it in my post - they're half Maine Coon, and those cats are big cats, fluffy, big ears...hence why our cats have those traits/looks. The pictures of them as kittens really shows how big their ears are! ;)I've lost count of the number of times people have been surprised at how big Tango is. We've got used to it, to us it's normal lol. But he weighs 12lbs!! That's not far off 1 stone, and the vet said he'd lost weight! :DHe's our little tiger <_<

• 5 months later...

Got a new kitten yesterday which we have called Bailey. He's 6 weeks old and has more confidence then the other four cats put together. He's actually adorable as well. :DPosted ImagePosted Image

:P..... CUUUUTE!! :) The only cat that has ever really liked me was a stray in Portugal. It cuddled up to me every night by the pool at 1am. I wish I could've brought her home :unsure:

• 8 months later...

I got two oriental cats one called Louis as he is a lilac/ cream colour and Angus who is a chocolate colour. Did have another black oriental cat called Jet but sadly pasted away last July. Before Jet, had Brandie and Whiskie. Brandie was a tabby tortoise shell cat and Whiskie was a b/w tomboy cat (even though they were female). Also had a tank of Tetra fish and small sharks things and one of those loaches that clean the tank. Never liked dogs as I did have a phobia but slowly it went away.

• 1 month later...

Just seen your post again Mark...you got Bailey at 6 weeks? That's quite young for them to leave their mum!As I am sure most of you know, we have recently got a new kitten, Hermione! She is now 10 weeks old and is a silver/greyish DSH tabby but she has some Bengal in her, evident by her facial markings and the noises she makes.You can see what I mean in this short video about Bengal Cats:

Most cats make that noise (known as trilling) but Bengals do it a lot more and it sounds slightly different. And when Hermione does miaow, it's very quiet and raspy, apart from the odd "normal" one!So yeah, exciting! Tango (and Poppy) with Maine Coon, Hermione with Bengal. Such interesting cats!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageWe do like the name, it's unique, and her brothers are called Harry and Ron so we wanted to stick with it. But it's quite long and awkward to pronounce in a way. Some other names we thought of were Phoebe, Bella, Millie, Minnie, Luna, Lily and Izzy. Out of those, I think Millie, Minnie and Luna are the ones that suit her the most, and today we have been thinking again about changing her name. She doesn't seem to know her name yet so it won't do any harm to change it. Luna of course is another Harry Potter name, the character is eccentric/different and the kitten is, with the Bengal in her etc. Plus, Luna sounds like lunar, aka the moon, and with her silvery colour...but my mum isn't as sure :) Blast!Oh and I nearly forgot - today is Tango's 13th birthday, which is 68 in cat years! ;)