Restraints

holtjammy16

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really think any rides restraints are safer than others, manufacturers put in only what is needed (with the Sky Swat being an exception), and they're all perfectly as safe as each others. However I feel Samurai's and Vortex's restraints are the most restricting of all Thorpe's rides. The more free and comfortable you feel on a ride, the better. Which is why Loggers Leaps are the best :P.And for rides which actually do have restraints, Rush's.

Inferno's for me is really odd. I am just a little too big for one restriant 'click down' (understand me evryone?), so there is quite a lot of space between me and the restraint, which makes me feel unsafe.For me, the safest ones are SAW, rather ironic in some ways I guess. Plus, Rush is quite good as ong as the staff don't push down ultra tight.(oh yeah, and as for Slammer, my cousin can pop his shoulders out of the shoulder restraints if they are on him correctly (loosely, as th annoucer says)).

I feel safe in every restraint aswell.The only annoying thing is that my head gets whacked against the restraints and once on X:\NWO I was riding at the front-back (as its backwards) and the restraint didnt come down properly so I spent the whole ride pushing myself against the seat!!

My least favourites are Colossus during the last five inversions - not unsafe, just uncomfortable, and Samurai, which just seems to click around a lot. When Samurai does a big swing downwards with all your weight resting on the restraint, the restraint just seems to move around a lot! I'm an Inferno fanboy so obviously gonna say they're the best ones! If anyone here's been on TTD at Cedar Point, can they shed some light on how unsafe it must feel on the way down with only lapbars!

My least favourites are Colossus during the last five inversions - not unsafe, just uncomfortable, and Samurai, which just seems to click around a lot. When Samurai does a big swing downwards with all your weight resting on the restraint, the restraint just seems to move around a lot! I'm an Inferno fanboy so obviously gonna say they're the best ones! If anyone here's been on TTD at Cedar Point, can they shed some light on how unsafe it must feel on the way down with only lapbars!

I am a Colossus fan boy so I will have to back up Colossus there. I love it though in the Barrel Rolls/Inline Twists because I just loving coming out of my seat.But I have to agree, Nemesis Inferno restraints feel safest and the seats are really comfortable!