Restraints

holtjammy16

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the padding next to your head is actually really comfortable...makes me think they knew that the drop was going to be rough. :)

Yea, there was this ride in Las Vegas when I went called 'Manhattan express' in the New York New York hotel and the ride was realy bumpy and the restrainsts were solid plastic :angry2: That was the most uncomfortable ride I have ever been on, even more uncomfortable than Colossus! I also payed $14 for that 1 ride. The rides in Vegas are very expensive. Like the Stratosphere (a 100 floor height observation tower with rides on the very top) cost $20 each to go to the top of the tower with cafes and other food places. There was a restaurant that turns around and obviously the 3 rides. Anyway, once you have payed the fee to go up to the top of the tower you then have to pay $10 for each ride or $25 for all 3 rides. I payed it because it is an experience but it is still very expensive!

Brigton Piers, Super Booster!! :angry2::)

I never bothered with Super Booster, but have done "normal" Booster a few times. Super Booster, for £8 for one ride, just seems like a huge waste..But yeah, Booster, it's not the restraints that make me feel unsafe, its the whole ride! Especially when a couple of people have died on them. :/It is a fantastic ride though, it must be said.

Yea, there was this ride in Las Vegas when I went called 'Manhattan express' in the New York New York hotel and the ride was realy bumpy and the restrainsts were solid plastic :angry2: That was the most uncomfortable ride I have ever been on, even more uncomfortable than Colossus!

Ever been to Brean Leisure Park? Lucky you. They have a coaster called 'ShockWave Looper'.... the most painful experience I think I've ever had. The seats were deeper than Slammer's so you 'sink' into the seat and ride in a very awkward position. And the loop isn't even supported that well - when a train runs through it, the track gives really badly, I'm talking like a 5cm shift here. :)

My least favourites are Colossus during the last five inversions - not unsafe, just uncomfortable, and Samurai, which just seems to click around a lot. When Samurai does a big swing downwards with all your weight resting on the restraint, the restraint just seems to move around a lot! I'm an Inferno fanboy so obviously gonna say they're the best ones! If anyone here's been on TTD at Cedar Point, can they shed some light on how unsafe it must feel on the way down with only lapbars!

Posted ImageThis only has lapbars :angry2: Now THAT'S unsafe :)I personally don't feel unsafe in any restraints at Thorpe - but never been on Rush becuase I'm not too sure about only having the tiny bar to keep you in!

With regards to the Fabbri boosters, here is some information linky

Thanks Rob, but is that info to do with the Mega drop pnuematic pumps? becuase it doesn't give any clues that it is.

It's got nothing to do with the fabbri mega drops, the article relates to fabbri boosters

People died?!I felt like I was going to fall into the sea!What went wrong? if that makes sense?Give me Slammer or Rush and Day!

It is a really good ride- really thrilling and scary, especially the one at Brighton seeing as it swings out over the sea.But yeah, two people were killed, and two injured when one of the pods fell off.Here's a link, HERE. I did see a video somewhere of the French news showing the people on the other pod being cut out of the ride but I couldn't find it again. They must have been ever so slightly thankful that they weren't on the other one.I guess travelling fairs and such like don't have the safety requirements that actual theme parks have, meaning things like this'll happen from time to time.. :angry2: