Restraints

holtjammy16

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently I hit my JAW on Colossus. The next 3-4 day, I had a very painfull jaw and I couldent blow out my cheek...like a puffafish. For the umpteenth time I have to say, Colossus is an Awful, awful ride.

Oh dear :P That is why I always say to sit at front, restraints less bigger, meaning not much head bang, oh and more room.

Recently I hit my JAW on Colossus. The next 3-4 day, I had a very painfull jaw and I couldent blow out my cheek...like a puffafish. For the umpteenth time I have to say, Colossus is an Awful, awful ride.

Ouch sounds painful, how the hell did you manage that though? LolTbh the main thing to do on Colossus is keep your head back againts the head rest! Most people have their heads suspended inbetween the bars which is why its so jolty.

Stealth.the restraints on there do not move about at all and feel very secure:)

I think also, that on rides such as Stealth and SAW where the restraints are slightly more strenuous to bring down, if gives the initial sense of being more secure.

I personally think that Rush's restraints are the most comfortable lol. I honestly think that Stealth should have lap bars except for the over-the-shoulder restraints, a bit like Top Thrill Dragster in Cedar Point, Ohio.

Stealth has an airtime hill so I don't think it would be possible.

Its almost as if they knew it was going to be rough on the drop...:P

I didn't actually find it that rough, except for one of the times I went on when I got proper knocked about and thought I was gonna black out during the Immelmann. I think it must depend on the car you sit in because 4 of the 5 times I went on, it was really smooth.

Oh, why does it matter? lol.

I don't know if this true, but I always thought that TTD had lap bars because it didn't have an airtime hill, I thought that when the train went over the hill riders would come out of their seats hence the need for an overhead restraintl, if that makes sense...:P

I don't know if this true, but I always thought that TTD had lap bars because it didn't have an airtime hill, I thought that when the train went over the hill riders would come out of their seats hence the need for an overhead restraintl, if that makes sense...:P

Haa I understand what you mean lol, but look at the former roller coaster Batman & Robin - The Chiller, the Robin track had lap bars and that even went upside down lol. Oh and talking about Stealth, have you seen the manual clip things lol, they're all like falling off whilst being held with tape lol. Think they need to be fixed lol.

have you seen the manual clip things lol, they're all like falling off whilst being held with tape lol.

If your talking about the restraints padding thing that are snapped in two and being held together with tape, I know it is pretty funny lol :P.Anyway back on topic.

Does Skyhawk at Cedar Point still only have lap bars? Seeing as it's approximately double the height of Rush, I can imagine that being proper scary!

Yes. And double the height? Errm...not really.In fact I've heard from 3 different people who've all been on Skyhawk and they all say Rush is better anyway.

In fact I've heard from 3 different people who've all been on Skyhawk and they all say Rush is better anyway.

Thats something that made me think, why do people think Rush is better since they are exactly the same type of ride and Skyhawk is higher?