Restraints

holtjammy16

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they are.

Yeah making a statement and not being able to justify it. Cleaver.They're not safe, as they don't get the same TLC that established theme park rides do. The testing is all different too, I've witnessed it and I know exactly how a Fun Fair works. The testing is just a few circuits and if nothing falls to pieces, it's deemed as safe to ride. With a theme park ride, ever single aspect of the ride is evaluated before public operation. They are also not dismantled and moved around every 3 days. The rides used at funfairs are just there temporarily.How do you know the operators are properly trained to know how to conduct safety checks for the rides? Do you actually think they know what theyre going to be checking for? Trust me, they dont. They merely know how to peice the ride together and how to operate it.
If thats what you call safe, then I'd hate to think what you'd class a disaster.Need I say no more.

They're not safe, as they don't get the same TLC that established theme park rides do. The testing is all different too, I've witnessed it and I know exactly how a Fun Fair works. The testing is just a few circuits and if nothing falls to pieces, it's deemed as safe to ride. With a theme park ride, ever single aspect of the ride is evaluated before public operation. They are also not dismantled and moved around every 3 days. The rides used at funfairs are just there temporarily.How do you know the operators are properly trained to know how to conduct safety checks for the rides? Do you actually think they know what theyre going to be checking for? Trust me, they dont. They merely know how to peice the ride together and how to operate it

Wrong wrong wrong.The fact that they're are dismantled so often means that showmen actually get a chance to go over the ride so often and they don't need thorough checks because they do it as they're built and taken down.Testing a ride is not just made up of 'if it can do a circuit without collapsing its fine', they go over it to check every bolt is in place etc. Half of the rides at Thorpe are funfair rides that should be on the funfair market anyway! The operators have to have the same license to operate rides that you do if you work at Thorpe or any other theme park, its also the law that they know how to handle it properly, the law doesn't change just because these rides aren't in a theme park. Funfair rides have the same H&S checks that theme park rides do and must have the same ADIPS license that theme park rides do. If anything they get 10 times more safety checks than theme park rides do.Funfair accidents are just as rare as theme park accidents. You must clearly be forgetting that fatal accidents happen just as easily at a theme park as they do in a fair. And they very very rarely do.

That has put me of wave swingers.

That could have happened just as easily on Billys Whizzer.

That to me shows that you know absolutely nothing about funfairs or their rides or even what a decent showman goes through to get there ride looking in tip top condition.I'm not denying that accidents haven't happened in funfairs but then they have happened at many of our theme parks to. We've had the Runaway Mine Train at Alton Towers split in half, Thorpe's Zodiac, Slammer, Rush and Colossus throwing bits of themselves off, a girl dying on Hydro because of negligence. That's only covering what I can remember from this country.

The testing is just a few circuits and if nothing falls to pieces, it's deemed as safe to ride. With a theme park ride, ever single aspect of the ride is evaluated before public operation. They are also not dismantled and moved around every 3 days.

See, that is where your logic goes wrong. A funfair showman knows everything about their rides. If they are taking them apart and putting them back together every few days they are able to replace parts much more faster and are able to apply the proper TLC to their rides. The point of funfairs is to attract people with glitz and glamour. Don't even start kidding yourself that funfairs are unsafe because at the end of the day they go through the same adips testing that any theme park rides goes through.

It doesn't matter where the ride is, whether it's a theme park or a travelling funfair, the ride needs to be fully checked and to a incredibly high safety standard. Rides can have accidents at funfairs or theme parks, it just so happens that this accident unfortunately occured at a funfair.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone else noticed how Saw's restraints get progressively tighter over the course of the ride? I really don't remember Jigsaw wanting to neuter anyone in any of his traps, but that's what those restraints feel like by the end of the ride!

I don't know if just me but I find them reasonably smooth coming down, for there no belt. I don't feel they get tighter but that probably because I having good time on ride :P