Compliments about Thorpe Park

Paul

I love the staff that add something to the ride! Whether that is thrills or just being happy. There was this one time on Stealth and I was on back row and a member of staff started shouting 'that was the wrong button, ohh no I should not of done that' and it was so funny. I knew he was joking but my (thick) friend thought he was real. It was so funny :o

Long Story:-There was this one time on stealth when I got onto stealth (Front Seat) and my friend chickened out so the ride operator asked for a anyone in the queue on their own to sit next to me. so a teen with no top on came and the ride op. said "Sorry you must wear a top for this ride."So he put on the top and it was a Manchester United shirt. So the ride op. said "Ughhh what an ugly t-shirt." Then the launch announcement came on but he stopped it before the 3, 2, 1 Go Go Go and said instead "I not gonna give you a warning...." then WHOOOOOOSH!! we launched.My Best Ride on Stealth

Oh yeah Chris is great :DHe was opperating the queue thing for SAW the other day :DRachael and Ben are nice aswell. :o

Yep Chris is awesome! Ben :D do you mean Pooh Bear? Woop!(it's a friendly nickname among the staff, just so you know, I'm not being mean :o )

Yep Chris is awesome! Ben :o do you mean Pooh Bear? Woop!(it's a friendly nickname among the staff, just so you know, I'm not being mean :o )

Pooh Bear is a good nickname we was in the queue for Quantum and the op said before you can get on the ride you must say hi to Pooh Bear then when I went a few days later with the school people were still calling him Pooh Bear.

So he put on the top and it was a Manchester United shirt. So the ride op. said "Ughhh what an ugly t-shirt." Then the launch announcement came on but he stopped it before the 3, 2, 1 Go Go Go and said instead "I not gonna give you a warning...." then WHOOOOOOSH!! we launched.My Best Ride on Stealth

Can't think of a better shirt to be wearing :o Yeah it is great to see the staff interacting with the guests

Well I don't know any staff but the name Rachael comes to mind, and also there was this awesome lady last year in August in Lost City. She was very enthusiastic and also wore those old sports car goggles =D I can't remember her name. Now I want to meet 'Alfonso' :) Sounds like a fun guy Now with the Stall people. On my visit some guy called Anil threw the basketball at my friend and then shouted at him for not catching it when we were heading to Saw... I think we were all a bit like "seriously, did that just happen?" and walked away... But it was taking the P... However there was a night guy who was cheering on the little boy who was throwing the hoops around the pillars on the floor. But I agree that those people are way too pushy!

Best are Alfonso (Sometimes :)) , Martin on Saw/Stealth and there was a girl there on Sunday who was in the baggage/que line, she was wearing glasses and had brown hair, really nice!

Thanks for the inclusion on that list. Cant think of the girl your on about, was it Saw?

I thought id just let you know that at the park today it was raining in the moarning, we decided to go straight to nemmessis inferno once seated we had to be unloaded because of weather conditions. but the staff up for this, they where very cheerfull firstly we played 21 questions thn the staff had some sort of dance off it was very funny. it made the 30mins we had to wait very enjoyable. I give my complments to cat and well I cant remeber her name. there was also another funny thing that happend whilst wating the ride op told us a list of operating rides at that time e read out x no way out and said it was a good one then he paused and said acctully its crap but its inside then he smiled. very funny.

There was one customer who really lifted my spirits today. I was serving him on the till and I asked him if he was enjoying his day so far, and he replied "Oh It's absolutely fantastic, I really love it, its great!"Kinda just makes me proud, that there are people who are really appreciating how hard us staff work to maintain that sort of atmosphere and being able to generate replies like the one I received.

The main things Thorpe should be compllimented on is their staff (even though there are a couple of R&A staff who I have seen be plain rude to customers while batching) and their extreme rides. Trying to think of something else, but there's so much that needs sorting out in my opinion.

The main things Thorpe should be compllimented on is their staff (even though there are a couple of R&A staff who I have seen be plain rude to customers while batching) and their extreme rides.

Probably because batch is just about the worst positions on any ride anywhere. It's the position where you get the most complaints, moaning, irritating comments and all those snobby guests who genuinely think they are clever buying into the fastrack system. It's very hard to be smiley and polite after even just an hour at batch so here's a typical conversation with a guest on a batch position.Guest:- "How come we keep stopping and you let all those others through first"Staff:- "They purchased fastrack which allows them shorter queueing times"Guest:- "We paid as well, that's not fair"Staff:- "They paid more to be able to use the system"Guest:- "What's your name, I'm going to guest services"Repeat every 2 minutes and you can see why staff really can lose their patience.

Mark9 I think your reffering to the fastrack postions rather than batch :) the fastracker alternates the queues the batcher allocates and counts people into bays for the ride. The only rides where the batcher does the fastrack duties is stealth,tidal wave, vortex, rush,samurai, I thinks thats all of them.

I didn't ignore you're post. Its only two members of staff, guests being spoken to rudely when they didn't say or do anything. I can understand if you get moaning guests but these guests were just being normal.I wont name names but then work on Saw, probably not helpful seen as staff seem to be all over the park now. Hmm Thrills East and West was so much easier, especially when trying to find staff. :)

The best thing about Thorpe is undoubtedly Alfonso (let us have another ride on Saw when we got stuck in one of its notorious breakdowns for ~15 minutes)!There was one staff member on Samurai whose name I didn't catch, kind of lanky guy. We went on for the last ride of the day, but there were only three of us queueing, and of course Samurai needs at least 15 riders. So even though it was about 4.57 as the park was nearly closing, he went down to the start of the queue and started shouting for people to come on and ride ('please come on Samurai, I love you!')! And he was generally just a funny guy. Apart from that, I suppose the only other thing I could think of would be the rides themselves.

• 3 years later...

Wow old topic!

Just wanted to say I think the park deserve alot of praise for how the past few days have been handled with the cold weather. They've made sure everyone's been up to date as quickly as possible and obviously worked hard at getting an almost full line up (apart from Colossus and saw) running.

Today the temperatures dropped further but with the park wide anoncments and complementary tickets due to some rides closing early I think it's all been handled great!