Phill

What is your orientation?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What is your orientation?

• Straight
    • Gay
    • Bisexual
    • Unsure

I am straight, single (and have been for 11 years). Grew up in an all female house with my mum and 2 sisters - it is true what they say about females living together and about the menstrual cycle - 4 x PMT = not good combo. Find it v difficult talking to men - my dad is a complete a* hole and not had a great past experience. Considering becoming a Nun

• 8 months later...

OMG TOMMY! I'm so freakin' happy for you. You had the balls to tell your parents, wow!I really want to tell my rents, I mean, really, especially now I have a boyfriend. They're kinda gonna get suspicious if he is always over, and I'm always going out to see him. Hmm. I just don't want them to reject me, and I really can't tell how they'll react. But yes Tommy, *uber hug* hehe.

I've been out for over 4 years. What is life.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've never struggled with my sexuality, I like girls and guys, I like people. I've been bullied because of it but end of the day, most those people now have kids who are 3/4 and I'm at uni enjoying some freedom I have. One of these days I will tell you guys about the one thing I did struggle with but I'm not there yet with it all etc

I am straight, but I have had a stupidly hard time of it in school. I have always liked girls, my dad knows that cos I stare haha he catches me all the time but I think I'm being subtle. Ever since year 7 I have been the but of years of homophobic bullying, I know this is a bit deep it drove me to a deep depression, I never had any problems with anybody and I never started arguments but I was targeted with this cos I was an easy target, I didn't get to that state because I hate gays and being called it, my best friend is gay and he is awesome its just the fact that it got worse and worse to he point where I couldn't take it and to be honest I wouldnt care if I was gay cos I am my own person and I would live my life to the max as you only live once. I have never had a girlfriend and my depression and the fact rumours were spread about me made it impossible, to be honest it doesn't help that I'm have Asperger's syndrome which means I find it hard to talk to people but the aspergers wasn't the main cause of my low self esteem. Luckily I have great friends by my side. I'm still not out of the depression yet but with the love of friends and family I know I can get through this. I also feel that when they bully me with homophobia I feel they are insulting the LGBT community. So there is my story like I said its a bit deep but I needed to get it of my chest so there you go. Plus I am happy that so many people have come out cos I feel it's a good step In the right direction. Hopefully my life will go in the right direction and I will find a girl who loves me for who I am just as a guy will find another guy who loves him for who he is and hopefully one day I will have the last laugh and I will be content. :)

Wow as if I first voted in this topic 6 years ago. I can't believe it's still going! I see I voted Bi on 11th April 2007 but I'm actually gay. I don't even remember ever thinking I was bi to be honest.

Does it count as how much of a tomboy I am that when I act like a girly girl, I'm just technically being camp?

I can't really say I've ever thought of you as camp m'dear!

Well, I've been thinking about it for a while now, I've been talking to a few people on the forum, and quite a lot of you know that I'm straight, but that was a lie as I was unsure of myself at the time. Seeing people come out recently who I thought were 100% straight has made me realise that I should be who I am, so that's why I'm going to say and be proud of saying I'M GAY :D A big thanks to those that have supported me and guided me into this decision, and I am ready for you all to know! :D Xx

More discussion from Liam!

This ones abit more personal and aimed at certain people but of course, everyone can join in the discussion!

I've been thinking recently, and its becoming a huge problem but what would you give someone who wants to come out to their family.

I, myself are already out to friends for a while but I still don't feel 100% open, half of me doesn't want to be but I have alot of people (Including those who want to get into relationships with me) telling me I have to be out to my family, and its bothering me alot... so:

What tips would you give someone who wanted to come out to their family?

What was your experiences like when you came out? (if at all)

And do you think their is an age limit to when people should come out? Like should LGBT people under 18 not come out to their family just incase their parents do not agree?

:)